- 1 AGS Forums
- 1.1 Beginners Technical Questions
- 1.2 Technical Forum
- 1.3 Modules, Plugins, and Technical FAQ
- 1.4 Completed Game Announcements
- 1.5 AGS Games in Production
- 1.6 Hints and Tips
- 1.7 Adventure-related talk and chat
- 1.8 Popular Threads
- 1.9 Critics Lounge
- 1.10 Competitions and Activities
- 1.11 General Discussion
The Adventure Game Studio forums are there for all users of AGS to discuss the program, and also for more general community chat. However, as a new user there are some guidelines that you should note:
- There are a few different boards - please make sure to post your question in the right one.
- Please try to make your thread topic as specific as possible, do not use "Help!" or "Question for Chris", for example.
- Look up your problem in the manual, FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
- When posting your question, try to go into as much detail as possible about what you are trying to do and what you have already tried. If you are getting an error message, post the ENTIRE message with what you were doing at the time.
- Do not use l33tsp34k - we do not think you're cool, and you'll most likely be mocked rather than helped.
- Finally, these guidelines are here to cut down the volume of posts but don't feel put off - newbies are always welcome and we hope you enjoy it in the AGS community!
If you agree to abide by these guidelines, click the link below to continue to the forums. To post outside the Beginners' Technical Forum or Hints and Tips forum, you will need to register.
Before you post, please read the Forum FAQ to see answers to common questions that are asked.
Enter the forums now and please have a browse around before diving in and posting.
You might like to check out the AGS Academy, home of the AGS Awards and the AGS Dictionary, which defines many of the common terms you may see getting used on the forums.
Beginners Technical Questions
Help with using the AGS Editor, and very basic scripting questions.
Scripting help, bug reports, and announcements about latest technical issues.
Modules, Plugins, and Technical FAQ
Formerly the Technical Archive Save yourself some work, use a module someone made earlier!
Completed Game Announcements
Post your finished game here.
AGS Games in Production
Promote the game you're developing, and see what others are up to.
Hints and Tips
Stuck in Larry Vales? Fed up with Pleurghburg? Dying in King's Quest? Post here for help.
If it's AGS or adventure-related, and it's not technical, it goes here.
Best adventure game? Favourite quote? Don't ask it again, look here.
Get suggestions on how you can improve your art, music, and more.
Competitions and Activities
Practice your art, music, writing and game making skills in the forum competitions.
Serious and silly threads are fine, stupid threads are not :p