Roger's Quest

Started by TheRoger, Mon 04/04/2011 06:12:55

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRoger

Finally! After long years of development (and even longer holidays in that) it's finally done.
My first game of AGS (I know you can't post first game, but this one is pretty good) is here. I present you: ROGER'S QUEST (It's not a space quest sequel)

Some screens:

You can download it here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1415

Or download directly here

Maybe you don't want cutscenes, in that case download from here

You can watch trailer if you want here

Leon

The traielr looks great. Will check this out later.

Note: From the direct links you provided, you need to remove the backslashes at the end otherwise the files can't be found.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

abstauber

Cool, downloading. Somehow I've been attracted by this game from the first moment.

TheRoger

Fixed links.

Abstauber, maybe familiar GUI attracted you  ;)

Khris

I haven't played long yet,
Spoiler
couldn't leave the house yet
[close]
noticed an interface quirk though: the textfield used to name the savegame is in the wrong spot, up and to the left from where it belongs.

TheRoger

Yeah, I know about save dialog, spend some time trying to fix it, but didn't managed to fix it.

nads

Yeah so far enjoying it. Having the same problem as Khris. (Check his Spoiler, cause for some reason I can't get mine working  ::))

dbuske

Nice.  Looks like we have our first nominee for best game of the year.
What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears...

TheRoger

Fast walktrough how to get out from house:

Spoiler
If you want to get out from first room, combine two piece or cards and wrap them with tape (Open->drawers). To get our from house, just Use->Hat (hanging in wardrobe) for key.
[close]

Good luck from there.

nads

Ok, Moving along nicely still enjoying it. I will post final thoughts when I finish the game.

Problem thou

Spoiler
With the safe in the club. Mainly whats the code for the safe and how do you enter it. When you enter the right combination will it say you have it right. Or do you have to press C to exit out and open the safe to see if the combination is correct.
[close]

TheRoger

Solution to your problem. That is one of the hardest parts of the game, especially if you haven't played Monkey Island 2  ;D

Spoiler
The cutscene will start when you dial correct code. Try doors in room for code  ;)
[close]

nads

Spoiler
Well played sir, well played.. the old code behind the door trick, of course!
[close]

Just finished the game then. It was a good ride, nice work. Liked the look of the game. Only real issues I had with the game were the walkable areas and some of the hotspots. It's nothing that ruins the game, just stuff I noticed while playing that might help your future titles.

Spoiler
Walkable Area: In most areas if Roger would walk to the far end of the room he would look out of place (one of his feet would be placed not on the carpet but looks like it was on the cabinet door)
This was the same with NPC's as well. First time I talked to the Hobo, Roger would walk behind him and looked totally out of place.

Hotspots: Some of the hotspots didn't have any interactions example:
The Clubers, There is nothing you can do with them, like talk to; look at; Seems like it was there for a reason but just didn't get around to it

And if I was to really nit-pick It would have been nice to see a bit more detail in the overhead map. The animation of the shore was a nice touch but it would have been cool to see some details in the rest of the map. Also the "stock font" for signs, like 'The Underground" and "Entrance" at the nightclub. Just cause the backgrounds/characters are really nicely done, but the choice of font/way it's presented kind of stands out. No biggie!
[close]

Still it was fun to play all the way through and I am interested to see what adventures are in store for Roger in the future. As well as any other future games you have in the works.

dbuske

I can't find how to get into the club.
What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears...

TheRoger

DBuske:
Spoiler
Get leaflet from bouncer, by saying that you don't have ticket to club, then show invitation to Hobo, he will give you a small quest for it.
[close]

Alla

i   show invitation to Hobo, he  gfve me a small thing..now what?
I am stucked..help plz  ..

TheRoger

Alla

i did ..it refuse to open/

TheRoger

Spoiler
He should give you a bottle cap, go back home open/use(don't remember witch)->fridge to get a bottle
[close]

TheRoger

Decided to write my game to CD in case I my computer destroyed or something. Firstly I thought to make something quick with PS, but then I saw that my printer is isn't filled, so I had to go to traditional style. Here is how it looks:

RoliX

It's a nice game :)
The characters look very detailed, and the animations are so smooth  :o
The puzzles are good too.

Spoiler
The safe puzzle was hard for me. I played MI2, but here, in the club, I didn't see the door, just a hole on the wall, so I didn't even consider to shut the door :/ But I succesfully tried all the possible codes in 10 minutes  ;)
[close]
Only one thing bothered me a little: I must use key on the doors every time I change room  :-\

And about the story, I didn't understand the ending...

Spoiler
I lost the thread when Roger found a magic powder.
[close]

Anyway, I recommend this game to everyone, its a nice piece of adventure :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk