Show Posts

You can view here all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas to which you currently have access.


Messages - tzachs

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 59
1
I've just been hired as the butler in an intriguing party (we can't have a murder party without a butler, right?).

As for giving first scan to the psychic, I guess it depends on how the roles are divided?
The nice thing about it, is that we can start the "real game" right away and don't need to wait a day when nothing really happens.
So if we're 9 people for example, 3 murderers plus first scan sounds like it might be balanced, but not sure if it can be squeezed in with 8 people or less.

2
Also in. As for when? We can start right now.
Vote: josiah1221

I just don't buy that "I'll sit this one out".

3
I enjoyed playing :)
And I enjoyed Sinitrena's hosting, well done!

I must say, as the fool, I didn't "feel" neutral, I felt almost completely pro-wolves, trying to be bait and take the pressure away from them.
So yeah, for a 8 people game, I support either removing the fool or doing first night with no kill.
Another alternative, btw, instead of having first night with no kill would be to give the seer the ability to scan somebody at the beginning of the game, this way we won't need to wait a day for the "real game" to begin.

Btw, if Sinitrena will host another game (and I hope so), there's a list of roles here that might give you some ideas (though a lot of these roles look more useful only when you have a lot more players, I think).

I thought that gaining an ally would be more beneficial than finding a wolf so soon in the game.
I find it a very reasonable strategy, actually.

4
Actually, you don't need to do that, as the tween module has a setting in which you can set speed instead of duration, so the speed can be fixed regardless of the distance.

Code: Adventure Game Studio
  1.     oBeachCloud1.TweenX(Cloud1Speed, CloudsEndPosition, eEaseLinearTween, eNoBlockTween, 0.0, eTweenSpeed);
  2.  

5
The Rumpus Room / Re: WEREWOLF GAME 2 (Phase: Day 3)
« on: 06 Aug 2018, 02:34 »
No worries, I was thinking of how to phrase my pitch to the wolf that it's ok to come out now, trying to figure out if there's a chance they would not believe me, so you definitely helped me out there.

6
The Rumpus Room / Re: WEREWOLF GAME 2 (Phase: Day 3)
« on: 06 Aug 2018, 01:51 »
Oh I forgot. My vote is: tzachs.

7
The Rumpus Room / Re: WEREWOLF GAME 2 (Phase: Day 3)
« on: 06 Aug 2018, 01:49 »
Damn. I wanted to do this myself but Mandle took out all the fun from it. I'm the fool, lynch me please, thanks.

8
Yes, it blocks the current script for one frame, but I think it should free the engine to process the commands in the queue, so it should fire the ProcessClick event.

9
I believe what's happening here is that when you call ProcessClick, it doesn't process the click immediately, but it enters it into a queue for later processing. You can read this to get more information on why it's doing this.

You can also verify that by adding the same breakpoint you had before, and also adding a breakpoint in your use inv function and see what happens first.

In terms of best way to clear the inventory, the first question to ask is: are you sure you want to clear the inventory on EVERY inventory interaction? What most games do is clear the inventory after a meaningful interaction with this item when you no longer need it (because if a player wants to try an inventory item on a bunch of places in the room, it's annoying to reselect it every time).
If you don't need it on every interaction you can create a function with the 3 lines (clearing the inventory item and label) and call it from the use inv function (and every meaningful interaction).
If you do want to clear it every time, then one way of doing this would be to wait a frame before clearing the inventory item.
Try adding "Wait(1)" inside the if before clearing the inventory item.

10
The Rumpus Room / Re: WEREWOLF GAME 2 (Phase: Day 2)
« on: 03 Aug 2018, 15:16 »
Hmmm, hard decision here, as both of my main suspects are on the line.
I do feel that Adeel "slips" were a little too obvious, making me suspect him as more a fool then a wolf. Not sure, though, I would possibly vote for him if there wasn't a better suspect, but there is.

My vote is for Mandle.

Because I suspect he's both a werewolf and an evil wizard with all of those mind tricks he's playing on us. I mean, saying that the wolves wouldn't want to be the first ones voting and then actually doing the first vote is a classic reverse psychology trick which only an evil wizard can muster.

11
The Rumpus Room / Re: WEREWOLF GAME 2 (Phase: Day 2)
« on: 03 Aug 2018, 04:15 »
Oh, I'm still alive?! Unexpected.
And suspicious.

What do others think the Seer should do?
Well, if she/he scanned a wolf, then maybe she/he should come out, but if no wolf was scanned, definitely should stay hidden.

ALSO: Usually at this point I would be trying to scum-hunt by looking for people who were quick to call for a lynch to be started, but reluctant to point the first finger and name the first name, except that you guys are all doing that... hehehe. Newer players are impossible to scum-hunt... (laugh)
I also find this statement suspicious, like you're trying to play mind tricks on us. hmmmm, what game are you playing at, mister?

This game is usually the most fun when we have two players claiming to be the same role! (laugh)
It's probably time to come forward then. I'm the bodyguard!

12
The Rumpus Room / Re: WEREWOLF GAME 2 (Phase: Day 2)
« on: 02 Aug 2018, 20:04 »
I'm sticking to my "don't drink & lynch" and we got to lynch somebody today, right?

Also VampireWombat himself, if he was still with us, wouldn't have wanted us to drink and lose our wits in these dire times, so I'm respecting his wishes.

13
The Rumpus Room / Re: WEREWOLF GAME 2 (Phase: Day 2)
« on: 02 Aug 2018, 19:20 »
A minute of silence for our beloved guard :~(

It's obvious that werewolves don't like vampires. Hopefully VampireWombat managed to put up a fight. I imagine that it looked a little bit like this:

14
The Rumpus Room / Re: WEREWOLF GAME 2 (Phase: Day 1)
« on: 01 Aug 2018, 13:54 »
Mandle and Adeel are my two equal suspects currently.

15
Come on CI, don't be like that. Think back, you were best friends in the class of August 1022.
I think it's time to forgive him for that time he borrowed your carriage and broke it.

And also, happy birthday, Adeel!

16
The Rumpus Room / Re: WEREWOLF GAME 2 (Phase: Day 1)
« on: 31 Jul 2018, 13:41 »
VampireWombat and tzachs, no wolfsbane mojitos? hmmmm...

Well, I said, never drink & lynch, but as we're not going to lynch anyone today, I guess I can have a sip, so please pour me some (but not from the bottom, that stuff is lethal).

17
I'm not entirely sure what's going on but room_RepExec() is called 40 times per second.
MoveFrontCloud() does not strike me as a function that's supposed to be called that often? Because that's what happens as soon as the cloud reaches X coordinate 190.
But it's inside an "if (x >= 190)" and the MoveFrontCloud function sets x to be between 100-120, so MoveFrontCloud doesn't get called 40 times per second.

One problem that I can see here is that you tween x to 190-210 but you set x to 100-120 when you've reached 190 without stopping the previous tween. So if you tween to 210 and then reach to 190, x can move like this, for example: 190, 100, 191, 101, etc...

Try adding "oCloud1.StopTweenPosition()" at the beginning of the MoveFrontCloud function to see if it makes any difference.

18
The Rumpus Room / Re: WEREWOLF GAME 2 (Phase: Day 1)
« on: 30 Jul 2018, 22:29 »
As we have 25% chance of guessing correctly and 75% chance of screwing up, it seems to me that it's in the best interest of the village not to lynch anybody today.
Tomorrow, after one of us dies, we'll have 28.5% chance of guessing correctly, and with the seer's help this should hopefully tip the odds in our favor.

This considered, Adeel's statement seems to me like a subtle play to encourage lynching, i.e benefit the wolves. A villager who did the numbers would probably not make this statement, making me suspect that Adeel is either a wolf or a fool.
So I'm considering disregarding what I just said and voting for Adeel :P

19
The Rumpus Room / Re: WEREWOLF GAME 2 (Phase: Day 1)
« on: 30 Jul 2018, 20:50 »
Yeah, never drink and lynch.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 59