Adventure Game Studio Official

User reported issues for officially released versions of AGS

Bug Issue: Touchpad Cursor movement lag and general double cursor in script windows

Pages: [1]

Kumpel

• AGSer
  • On the way to break new ground...
« on: 09 Aug 2017, 10:39 »
I got a new Notebook recently (Lenovo Yoga 720 convertable notebook, windows 10 home 64) and when I am working in the script editor windows of any game project and move the cursor in there, some strange things are happening:

- Using the mouse or the touchpad: The cursor changes rapidly beetween text cursor and mouse arrow cursor
- Using the touchpad: The cursor lags immensely making it unusable (https://www.dropbox.com/s/hmefbagfjn79ca2/Mouse%20Test%20-%20AGS%20Editor%2009.08.2017%2011_12_42.mp4?dl=1 this is a video link to see the issue)
- Using a mouse: apart from the changing cursors No problems are occuring

I only noticed this problem with AGS Editor so far, which makes me think that this is a software bug.

Update:

- The problem of laggy cursor movement does not occur: while holding down a mouse/touchpad button (either left or right)
- The problem does not occur on the area where some text is highlighted but higher or lower from this area
The cursor visible at this area is only the mouse arrow cursor in these cases (is this a normal behaviour in AGS?)
« Last Edit: 09 Aug 2017, 13:59 by Kumpel »

Crimson Wizard

• AGSer
« Reply #1 on: 09 Aug 2017, 14:56 »
I guess that's an issue with Scintilla Editor component.

Pages: [1]

Issue Details

• Reported
    09 Aug 2017, 10:39
  • Updated
    09 Aug 2017, 14:56
  • View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Bug
  • Status
    New