The new Hotmail

Started by , Tue 02/12/2003 14:33:09

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Anyone used the "new" hotmail? Am I the only person that currently thinks its shit? It took me 10 minutes to work out how to view my new email messages and another 10 to figure out how to delete junk mail.

Perhaps I just don't like change but I think it's pretty teh suck!

Ghormak

Good lord, that's hideous. I don't like how it doesn't go directly to your inbox when logging in, and everything just seems so... bloated.

It doesn't seem to like me either. Emptying the junk mail folder works, but I get this informative dialog box instead of the usual:

Why do Microsoft products that actually were good at one time get worse with every new release?
Achtung Franz! The comic

Captain Mostly

it baffled me, but is no worse than the old one

shbaz

I think you guys exaggerate a bit.. it doesn't seem terribly complicated to me.  Something is definately wrong with it for that javascript box though! It took 5 minutes for me to log in, 1 minute to do my daily activity of noticing I still haven't any new messages and emptying junk. Server load was high or something, it said.
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Timosity

I never use my hotmail account except for signing up for somethings I think will give me spam.

A Handy Hotmail Tip:

I found out you can actually set it up so that it only accepts emails from people in your address book, and deletes all the other shit automatically.

Seeing as I haven't used it as my main email for about 5 years, no one sends me emails to it, so the only emails I get are from the hotmail staff.

The downside is you have to add an address to receive an email from someone you might want one from but don't have their address. but it's much better than getting 100's of bullshit spam every week.

Ptraci

I do not use my contacts list, in fact i've never done so...

But yes, the new hotmail is no good, just crap.

Snake

Damn right. It's funny, I was just talking to Eric about this lastnight.

How do you use quicknames again?? I was using quicknames for everyone, but now it shows their first and last name..
With some of the people here that I e-mail, I can't be arsed to remember who the hell they are just  by e-mail, and I don't know their first and last names. That's just a thing with me anyway, I like knowing people from AGS by their AGS name, not their real one ;)

-Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

scotch

I didn't notice anything had changed until I saw this thread.. I still can't quite remember what was different.

Shattered Sponge

Another Handy Hotmail Tip:

Don't use hotmail, it's crap.

Ben

I didn't notice either. I hardly ever check me email anymore, because I have no control over the spam that comes in..

Everyone has MSN and a phone. Who needs email, anyway? :P

Evil

I am having java problems. I couldnt delete any email in the last version. Now I cant even read them. It also screwed with my email settings and now I get 20 emails of spam a day which I cant delete. It sucks.

Scummbuddy

the 250 total name list for spam is atrocious. its stupid. they need to make a total list that checks all the block lists from everyone, so that if it starts getting a block of over 20 blocks (or whatever) then cancel it from being sent out to others. but then that could be illegal for keeping mail from someone.  its illegal in the US to read other peoples emails... ugg, its just crap that we shouldnt have to deal with
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Gilbert

M$ and its products are not stupid, they just consider the users stupid.

So I never use Hotmail...

taryuu

the javasricpt thing for messages sucks.  i used to be able to open all my messages in new tabs.  not anumore!  and now the middle click for new tabs doesn't work on any link in the page.  
serious crap code.  i wish they'd give you a chance to go back to old way.  

but on a positive note you don't have to use it.  you can download hotmail popper
http://www.boolean.ca/hotpop/

and use your mail client.  suggestion? thunderbird!

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/

now there's no crappy msn ads, no hassle.  yay.  

I like having low self-esteem.  It makes me feel special.

taryuu?

remixor

Quote from: taryuu on Wed 03/12/2003 04:18:39
but on a positive note you don't have to use it.  you can download hotmail popper
http://www.boolean.ca/hotpop/

That rules.  Thank you.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

La Lore

M0ds, in Nacho´s home we have the older version but at uni it´s a new version and it´s harder begining a session.

At uni --->

This message appear too.

m0ds, you ares not alone in teh universs

Lorena  :-*
Lorena ^_^/~
"Please, do stop" - m0ds

jannar85

Another Handy Hotmail Tip:
Switch to Yahoo 8)

Only cool guys abandon hotmail, so be a cool guy you too ;D
Let's kick some asses! Microsofts ;)
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk