The New Veliarts Entertainment homepage

Started by Vel, Fri 05/12/2003 17:28:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Vel

Alkaline has kindly made a homepage for Veliarts entertainment. Check it out and tell me what you think.

juncmodule

It's too wide.

At 800x600 and with the geocities pop-up banner I have to scroll across to read some stuff.

If you are going to keep it on geocities you should add blank space where the pop up ad fills the screen so your text doesn't get buried.

Also, optimizing for more than 800x600 is a pretty big web design boo-boo. It is the default resolution for WinXP and also the resolution that is used by the *"popular majority" of PC users.

Outside of that, it looks great.

later,
-junc

*popular majority = if YOU use 98088790x564604809 screen resolution at 654650bit color depth, then you ARE NOT a member of this category. :P

scotch

The most popular screen res is 1024x768 these days.  But there are still a fair number of people using 800x600.. and people like me who have the opera toolbar (or something similar) down one side of their browser.  I'd change the tables so they resize to the width of the screen.
It's a nice design though.

juncmodule

if I'm not mistaken 1024x768 and 800x600 are more or less 50/50 world wide. In the US 800x600 is still slightly in the majority and in some countries largely in the majority. I imagine a majority of game players (members of this forum) have higher resolutions than your casual web surfer.

Either way, I agree with your suggestion of "tables so they resize to the width of the screen" As well as compensation for that geocities banner(an empty table about the width of the banner should do).

later,
-junc

big brother

It's very green.

Also, one of the screenshots for WWTLF shows up as a red 'x.' It would be nice if all the screenshots were enlarge-able.
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

Ishmael

I like the page, on this comp at least. This one's 1027x786, but my laptop (which I use mostly, as I have it connected to the internet outside of weekends, and the weekends I'm on this one) is 800x600 and I haven't looked at your page with it yet, so I can't tell... but it's great so far :D
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk