OOT: Da source

Started by Paper Carnival, Sat 13/12/2003 14:44:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Paper Carnival

Hey guys,

This is the base of my future game, Orbs of Time. It's the source code and it is *NOT* a game, nor it will ever take part in mine. It's just a test room and anything in there (including the gfx style) is only for test purposes. Even te gui gfx will change later (no way I'd stay with that crap)

That's why I posted here, because I don't consider it as a started game. It's a demo demonstrating the interface (which is a slightly modified version of MI3). It works just great and there are even default actions (though I haven't tested unhandled events for characters yet) for everything and can be easily customised using properties (the "Character is a male" property doesn't do anything yet).

The problem is that it is all messed up. Many variables are declared for nothing (because I removed their use later), sometimes used for nothing, while some other times I use more variables where I could just use 1. There are even unnecessary functions (some used for fun). The main reason for this untidytness is that this game has been my test area since I started using AGS.

Anyway, do u like the interface? Any suggestions/bug reports? Oh and before I forget:

LMB: Walk to/use inventory
RMB: Bring up verb coin or release item
MMB or  LMB+RMB or Enter or Space or Tab: Bring up inventory
Esc or F5: Save/load dialogue.
MouseWheel up/down: quick enable item mode or select previous/next item when not in inventory window
Enter: quick positive answer to gui questions
Esc: quick negative answer to gui questions

If anybody wants to use this then go ahead. Just mention me somewhere in your credits or something like that. It requires a lot of clean up, even though the output looks clean and does exactly what it should.

I feel like I have forgotten something again... Oh yeah:
http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/oot.zip
Size is 217 KB

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk