Cirque de Zale - Not a French game! Really!

Started by Kinoko, Wed 04/02/2004 11:49:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinoko

Welcome, people. Welcome!
I suspect it's time to warn you all of my upcoming new (first) release:

That's "Cirque de Zale" for those who find 320x200 resolution too freakishly small. Our hero... as it were... is Alexander Zale. He's just your average... well, he's not really. I don't personally know ANYONE who works in a circus cleaning elephant crap so I don't think that's average at all. I don't know, maybe YOU do. Make of it what you will. Somehow or other, Alexander finds himself in a typical situation - you're stuck in another dimension and some crazy stuff is going down. Happens to me every week. What?

Anyway, this wacky character finds himself in all sorts of crazy situations. Wacky, man. It's probably best I don't go on about it too much or else you'll just know it all. Anyway, it's very fun, I tell you!

That's right Alexander, it does sound good. I'm sure everyone likes the sound of it. That's why when it's released soon (about mid-March 2004), you should download your copy STRAIGHT AWAY. My god, don't think about WAITING or anything. The reviews will be incredible, I can assure you. The special effects alone, man... I mean, wow. The worst situation would be if you didn't get in on this game as soon as possible before all the downloadable game packages are gone. It's LIMITED, you know! You don't want to look UNCOOL or anything. Wait as patiently or as impatiently as you like, just make sure you rush to your nearest link and download your copy of 'Cirque de Zale' as soon as it's released!

CURRENT PROGRESS: Woohoo! Around 90% done now! So close! SO CLOSE!

JimmyShelter

remixor

The backgrounds look great; I'm looking forward to more news about this game.  Good luck.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

ScottDoom

The screenshots look nice.

And I liked your description. Hahah.

Kinoko

Thanks ^^
I couldn't decide which screenshots to use so I thought I'd try to incorporate them into the description.

I'm glad people think the graphics look good, it's my first time doing something like this so everything is a learning experience for me. Looking at the bgs I did at the start in comparison to the later ones, I can see all sorts of differences. Hopefully, it doesn't look quite so obvious in the game. I'm aiming for having each background look 'unique' but still all tied together in a similar style.

Minimi

Wow! You are really good at pixel art. I didn't get much out of the discription, only that it's a clown stucked in another dimension... but I'll guess, you want to keep it a secret! ;)

I'm looking forward to play your game!

adam100

Wow-your graphics are great.They have this MI style which i like very much.Hope you'll finish your game soon,can't wait to play it.Wish you luck.

Kinoko

Well, it isn't a clown stuck in another dimension. Was it the scary clown in the title screen that gave that impression? I love that scary clown. So scary and hateable.

Thanks for all the good words though! Makes me wanna work even harder and get it finished soon ^_-

Kairus

I think Minimi understood the player character was a clown, though it's an elephant cage cleaner. A very common profession, indeed. :P

The game looks very good! I love the graphics, very Monkey-Islandish. :) The player character reminds me a lot of Guybrush.

Are you really planning to finish it in a month? Yikes, I'm wondering if I could finish my game in a month, and the artwork is all done! :P
The limited downloads was a joke, wasn't it? Everyone will want to download this game!
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

DragonRose

Wow.  After that spate of truly heinous announcements, we're getting some incredibly awesome ones.  The graphics so far look amazing.

But the limited release thing has me worried- just how limited will this release be?  I don't want to miss out!
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

sergiocornaga

Yay! Another game to look foward to. My life is so great.

Kinoko

I really think I can get this finished in about a month. I'm on my uni holidays so I have nothing else to do essentially. It was only ever intended as a "summer holidays" project.

I'm glad people think it looks MI-ish - that's a real compliment ^^ It's definitely the style I was going for too, though obviously not in every aspect because I have to do things in my own style too.

The limited release was a joke, though I didn't want to have to explain that :P

Thanks everyone for the interest and ... other stuff!

Gonzo

I think you sold me on the graphics straight away, the game looks wonderful. I love the way the original Monkey Island games looked, probably just because they were what I first played, so when a game looks like this, it's always a fun nostalgia trip.

But what's more, the story sounds promising and I can tell from your post you have a cool sense of humour. I'm really looking forward to playing this one.

Kinoko

... and hurrah! A Zapp fan! ^_- Cool, man.

JimmyShelter

Does your main character dress in ... velours?

Kinoko

He might. It's a very SEXY adventure game.

Patrick Alexander

I'm so excited about Cirque de Zale, I've been chewing my own legs off to keep from squealing! Even now, as I type this, I'm munching away on these delicious legs of mine. Mmmmm.

Yeah... looks like a good game. I think we're all going to be very impressed.

The only thing is, the hairs get caught in your teeth. Bleah.

Kinoko

Due to a ridiculous amount of heat in Brisbane during the past week (hottest temps -ever-), Cirque de Zale will probably be out by early-mid March instead of end of February, because I took the previous week off to sit in front of the fan and die. ^_^

Peter Thomas

I KNOW!!! Temperatures in Brisbane this weekend were ARGH!!! That's only word I can use to describe it.

Something like 4 people died in Brisbane due to the heat, and 23 people died for the same reason in South-East Queensland. That's a hell of a lot of people to die from 41 degrees... (I'm talking celcius, for you american's)

On a completely UNRELATED topic to ANYTHING that has been said so far: THIS GAME LOOKS KEWL! And it is very rare for me to use such blatant misspelling in game descriptions...

...I think I love you...
Peter: "Being faggy isn't bad!"
AGA: "Shush, FAG!"

Kinoko

Well, I have some wonderful news for you all! Cirque de Zale is currently about 90% done and should be completed over the weekend. Thanks to many of life's little surprises and hurdles, I haven't been able to finish this game as quickly as I said. I'm sorry to anyone who burst into tears when March 15th came around and Cirque de Zale wasn't available anywhere, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Like I said though, it should be finished over the weekend but OH NO! Don't get too excited - it has to be tested first! My slaves (whom I sometimes refer to as "friends") will probably get their asses into gear in about a week's time but if all goes well, this game should be available before the end of the month.

If anyone else would like to beta test for me, feel free!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk