Quest for Colours

Started by HaiDang, Sun 08/09/2002 19:51:05

Previous topic - Next topic

HaiDang

There it is, my little game I wanted to share ;)
www.geocities.com/ohvnaq/

Cerulean

Interesting so far, but can you at least hint at how I'm supposed to combine these two numbers?

Pod

looks good so far
 im stuck in the bedroom and i cant get out or use the tape with anything in a productive way

i like the T button (not sure what the t stands for though) i always said Adventure games need those ( ieven posted about it last week)

+ nice background, but maybe make objects u can use / interact with that have SOME importance a little darker or highlited or outline or something, not obvious, but subtle, so your eyes notice that area more than others

Esseb

Looking good, but, I take it there's more than just that one room, so.... how do I clean the video?

mätzyboy

Cool game! Unusually nice and fluid animation of the main character...

As for you other boys getting stuck I've got some tips!

SPOILER!!
Spoiler
Concerning the problem with the numbers, skip the 2 in the number 2,xxxxxx then combine the two numbers. I don't remember which one that was going first, but there is only two ways.

To clean the videotape, stand by the bed and look at the peeping hole in the door. The main character will now cry a bit resulting in a wet spot on the pillow. Perfect to wipe videotapes on.
[close]

Make sure you do this rather quick so you can help me in the next room. I've read the text on the old piece of leather (or whatever the material was...), and now what?

evenwolf

Spoiler
------------------------

the parchment is a riddle regarding the panel on the steps- for each line, determine a color (ie- sadness= blue, gold= yellow) and hit the buttons in that order.  It's kind of hard to figure out at first because the buttons don't click or do anything until you get the whole sequence right.
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Cerulean

All of us working together might make it through this game. I've taken the first step toward making a fire in the cave, but beyond that I can't do anything but walk around and look at things.

Pod

no offence. but already i see its taken the route of "illogicalness"

the whole "stand by your bed thing and cry" wouldnt of come into my head in a million years.i guess you figured it out by luck?

mätzyboy

Pod, yes, it was more or less an accident. I noticed however that the main character cried, and thought that it might serve some kind of purpose... I don't know... A bit too hard to figure out in my opinion, but not impossible...

Alastair Ward

What do you do with  Jaf? I keep getting frozen...

HaiDang

Sorry for the illogicalness, but I was making this game in a wierd mood (it was meant to be wierd), with no prewritten script but instead, I cook up puzzles whenever I feel like. And I also want something strange and new. (I have stated on the QFC homepage that sometimes it gets unreasonably hard ;) )
Here's the solution to the Jaf problem: (and congrats Alastair, I don't think many people will get to that point :P)

SPOILER:

Spoiler
Remember it when the game tells you to save your game because youre going to face Jaf? Well, restore your game and go to the village. Use your sword on the clay hut. After that bring the piece of clay to the lake, wet it and get back to the underground room. Take a look at the small round hole on the right wall, opposite the staircase. Use the wet clay on the hole. Go to the tree with the wriggling-poisonous worm, use the nail on the worm. Go to the ceremony site (dont go down the path to Jaf yet). Put the nail on the path (you'll find out where to put it through trials and errors, cause I won't explain it here. I have to save one last puzzle for you ;) ) Then go face Jaf.
[close]
I'm in Hanoi, the capital of my country, to attend university, and I have to access the Internet from a public service. So I can't be here very often.
Have fun!

PS: I've given part of the solution here, but I'm still expecting your walkthroughs, as stated on the QFC homepage, too. It would be so great if you spend your time on it, cause I will upload your walkthroughs onto the site when I can.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk