Trapped With Hell

Started by 333, Mon 15/03/2004 23:40:15

Previous topic - Next topic

I finished my first game, called Trapped With Hell. Get it here. I hope you like it.
It was an acciDENT he ran toward me and I hated him and I accidentally pullED OUT MY knife I had spent 5 hours sharpening.

BerserkerTails

Okay... Your readme told me quite politely to "Review IT."... So I'm going to...

My review of Rich Phycho 1: (WARNING, spoils as much of the game as I could find...)

Well, the first thing I noticed after downloading it, was that Psycho was spelled wrong. But, maybe Rich Phycho is the main characters name, so I decided to let it slide. Now, when I opened the RAR, I noticed that the room files were packed with the game. They're notneeded, and just increase the size of the download.

Anyway, I decided to start the game, bracing for the worst. I was not ready...

This is the first screen of the game. The first thing I noticed, besides the lack of anything resemling a background, was the fact that the character was in the room twice. Also, so was my cursor... I panicked and quit the game.

Hmmm, read for help.txt... That looks promising. I read the txt file, and learned that:
QuoteMY game trapped with hell is where your brother locks you in the basement of a place because he thinks you have a drug problem.you have to escape.There are two other puzzles also

Well, that helps some. I decided to take another stab at the game.

Okay, now I was a little more calm. The eye cursor was apparently an object in the game. I've pointed out my real cursor. I decided to look at my brother, I'm guessing... They are so god damn much like the same person, I say to them, you want icecream cone, the BOTH say yes!

Sorry. I guess he's your twin brother. So I checked him out...

...And you don't like him very much. Upon further inspection of the room... I learn that the cupboard (?) in the top left corner is also A PIECE OF CRAP. Poor Rich Phycho is really mad... At EVERYTHING... Finally, aftert gathering enough courage, I looked at the weird floating eye thingie...

Ooooooookay...

Moving right along, I checked everything out, but couldn't seem to do anything with the cupboard, the TV (As I learned after looking at it) in the right corner, and my brother (?).

So I decided to try to go somewhere. The north and west and south directions didn't work... But the east one did...

Oh my god... The eye, it's FOLLOWING ME!!! I decided to try and get as quickly out of this room as possible. The direction south was my refuge... Only to find:

It's STILL there! But now, at least it's partially covered by a brown thing that has no interactions what so ever. I don't want to know what it's used for, but I know it will remain in my nightmares a long time... The blue thing is a couch, and trying to interact with it makes Rich tell the player "do u want to hump the couch well you cant."

Sorry. I was not informed that the hand icon was actually the PENIS icon...

I tried to leave this room, but the north direction didn't work anymore... Huh? I tried all the other directions, and walking west led me to the first red room, with the bars! Confused... It gets worse...

Returning to the room with my brother (?), I now noticed that the south direction could be traveled.. Maybe the brown thing was a switch or something... I dunno, but it works now... And brings me to.

Another room with an eye of someone I killed, I think. BIG SURPRISE. Anyway the black line is the start of the west wall, and the sun in the corner is a doorhandle to a big door....

I don't understand either.

Anyway, the key doesn't do anything, no interactions. Maybe it's a secret switch, like before. I don't know, but I'm ready to leave Phycho land. So I try going north. No dice. The passage has been sealed, like the other room. Upon trying all other directions, the east direction led me back to the room with my brother (?). I've taking liberty to drawing a map of Phycho's basement, in case you're confused.

That's as far as I could venture into Rich Phycho 1. I'm completely confused, and have a new philosophy on life. Eep.
I make music.

Baron

The download link seems to have gone "phycho".

And after BerserkerTails got my right index finger all itching to play this game too.....

Peter Thomas

lmao!!

As completely bad as Beserker tried to make it seem, this game sounds like SO MUCH FUN! I was laughing the whole way through the review - not because it's bad, but because it's downright FUNNY!!

*shame the link doesn't work...*

GLARES

;D
Peter: "Being faggy isn't bad!"
AGA: "Shush, FAG!"

deathmetal333

ILL try to get the link working i guess i have to find some1 else to host it and you know the key does do some thing if you use it on something that was my first game.i still cant get my 333 thing worked out so it stays on it when  i go to a different page on ags forums.

BerserkerTails

Okay, so now my brother and I figured out how to get farther in the game...

The key and brown thing are actually INVENTORY ITEMS! Yes, clicking the hand icon on them actually picks them up, though Rich doesn't mention this, nor do they dissapear.

BUT THEY'RE THERE.

Anyway, I was able to escape the basment, and go to my mother's house... Who was a giant. The game ended abruptly when I tried to exit south of the mother's room, as room06 was not present.

Will I ever be able to finish Rich Phycho 1?? Oh the horror!

Anyway, if I have some more time, I'll post full impressions of the new areas to explore, with such exotic locales as the TV Room, or the Dining Room (?).
I make music.

deathmetal333

You mean when you go down to get out of the house it crashes. Did you get the 2 items yet for her.

BerserkerTails

No, I had only found the TV. At least I *THINK* it was a TV...
I make music.

deathmetal333

when i get the link working it will at least be 2 hours from 1:30 on the march 21, 04

BerserkerTails

Thanks buddy. Could you try to fix the EXTREME BUG in this newly uploaded version?

I found the radio... SOMEWHERE... Not quite sure, might of been in the dining room (?). I gave it to Rich's mother and she told me to leave. Of course, the only way to leave, I'm guessing, is to the south of the room she's in.

But it still crashed.

I MUST FINISH THIS GAME!
I make music.

deathmetal333

he radio and money are well hidden. give her only the tv when you have both items and it should get rid of both your items.

deathmetal333

i know i must have  accidently taken room 6 out of the inventory ill get it fixed in some hours sorry.

deathmetal333

a couple hours cuzz im not even at my house sorry

BerserkerTails

Well, I searched, and searched, and I still couldn't find the money.

Everyone who wants to play this game, expect a complete walkthrough once I'm finished, hehehe.

Trust me, you'll need it.
I make music.

deathmetal333

im going to leave for home hopefully soon sorry for the inconvinience. If i even can spell.

deathmetal333

if there is a walk through theyll finish my game inb 1 minute cuzz i can finish my game in my game cuzz i know everything about it.the money is where you wouldnt expect it and theres a handgun too tho you wont need it

deathmetal333

do you think i should upload it to the website or keep it here in the forums and if i do do you think i should modify it.

rtf

You should upload it and put it in the "Games" part of the AGS site.
That way more people can play it, and you may win the 2004 P3N15 award. ;)
I fail at art.

Snake

Hardily hardily hoodily hoodily hoodily qwoo-qwoo-qw00000!1!!853797

Quote...and you may win the 2004 P3N15 award. ;)
Oh definately.

Tails, har har, I can't wait for your walkthrough!
Actually, don't make a walkthrough, make a complete strategy guide!

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk