March MAGS: Dead Star

Started by Lazy Z, Sun 28/03/2004 11:01:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazy Z

Hear ye, hear ye. This be my first AGS game evar. Though it's not much of a game, it has to be said.

I am not going to post any screenshots for the game, mainly because my graphics suck and then nobody would download it :P.

Instead, here is some info on the story. The game is set in the near future, in a city that has been invaded and conquered by demons.  The player character is a veteran exorcist named Jonathan McKinney who tries to solve the mystery behind the demon invasion, but the game is seen through the viewpoint of the villain, Sovere, an old acquaintance of Jonathan's.

I'd like to hear some opinions on the game itself (which ain't much better than the graphics, it has to be said, I'm not good with scripting either).  At least it fulfills the MAGS guidelines, or I think it does. :P

In any case, download it at:
http://12.22.230.41/MicroTech/Hosted/Files-A/DeadStarv09.rar

I'll try to find a better host in the near future. Be sure to read the readme file first, and especially the disclaimer. BTW, this is mentioned in the readme, but I might as well say it here too: In the menu screen, right click on the options instead of left-clicking. Trust me on this one.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.'

Top-5 Games

foz

It sounds like your beating yourself up about your game.....

Let others give comment before you slate it yourself....

Practice makes perfect as they say...

foz

It don`t work.....when i press play it don`t do anything......nor do any of the buttons..

mätzyboy

foz: the read me says that you have to right click menu options... Don't know why, but thats how it works!

Lazy: check the MAGS thread for my comments on your game.

Kweepa

There's more to a screenshot than a judgement of the graphics!
What type of game is it?
Some dialog can give the prospective player a flavour of the script.
And so on.
A picture is worth a thousand words.

(Also, to maximise your audience, use zip!)
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Lazy Z

mätzyboy: Thought I'd answer your comments here. Thanks for the nice words! The sound effect for walking is actually a placeholder one, I wanted to change it but never got around to it.  The puzzles are simple on purpose, by the way, although they are a bit too simplistic, it has to be said. Thanks for the bug report too, sounds like the same bug as in the menu screen...

foz: I wanna make people expect the worst game ever, so that when they actually get to play it, it won't seem quite as bad :P j/k.

Steve: Actually, I never thought of posting some dialogs, that's a nice idea.  I'll update the first post with some more info on the story, maybe I'll add some dialogs if I find something spiffy enough. And I thought that most people had WinRAR? I actually wanted it to be an .exe, but my host wouldn't allow me that.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.'

Top-5 Games

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk