Frank the Farmhand: released

Started by fovmester, Mon 05/04/2004 11:50:38

Previous topic - Next topic

fovmester

EDIT: The game's been released!! Go here:
http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=13100&start=0

The first part is all but done. There's just some minor bugs to be fixed, like mis-spellings and other minor things. Expect to find it in the Finished Games-forum later this week.

----

I plan to release the game in four parts. The first is about 20 rooms big. The rest will follow in due time and will be of equal size.

All my backgrounds are handdrawn, scanned and colored in Photoshop. The characters are made and animated in Flash. I have plans of doing cutscenes in Flash as well.

My ambition is to make this game look and feel good, so I'm putting a lot of effort into the graphics.

The story goes like this:

"Frank the Farmhand" (which is just a working-title) stars the young farmhand Frank from southern Texas, who one day finds that his physics professor has gone missing, and that some mysterious black-clad agents are looking for the professor. He decides (of course) that he must find him.
What Frank doesn't know is that he's about to unweil a conspiracy more sinister than he could ever imagine. A conspiracy involving the american president, religious fanatics, middle-eastern terrorists and some surfdudes. He will travel around the world trying desperately to save both his neck and the world itself.

There is of course much much more to the story than this, but that is something that is best to be revealed by playing the game.

On my homepage you'll find more screenshots and more info.

FovArt Productions

/the fov

AtakeeR

Story and background art are good, GUI looks very useful (I suppose that it isn't hiding), and doesn't take much place. I wonder how looks inventory (Is it on top of screen or is it accesed by clicking on player character? (like in Discworld)). Characters look great.

Totoro

I have been looking forward to this, but did not hear from you for a long time, so I was worried maybe the project was cancelled... happy news for me, graphics look fantastic, want to play NOW  :D

foz

Looks good...

Nice graphics style you have...

fovmester

Thanks a lot.

The inventory is displayed to the right of the GUI. Without any boundaries or anything. Just four objects in a row and some arrows if you have more than four inventory-items.

Here's two more screenshots as a thanks for the praise ;)

fovmester

I've had some problems with bugs in AGS 2.61 Beta 4. (Look in the technical forum under Red colors switch with blue)

This however doesn't mean that I haven't continued to work on the game. I'll probably release it even if these bugs aren't fixed properly. The game works fine anyway.

I just have some few things to do, then I'll release it.

fovmester

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk