Maniac mansion remake released!

Started by Vel, Sat 22/05/2004 09:58:04

Previous topic - Next topic

R4L

They had it on Amiga?! Commodore?! ARGH!!!! Well, the NES version isn't bad it's still fun to play although I always turn all the kids' CD players off(Damn music, so annoying!)

Simmy

Quote from: SteveMcCrea on Tue 25/05/2004 11:52:11
Very cool!
70,000! That beats the 700 my game has had in 6 months :(

Just for us non-Americans though, what is that show on NBC there?
Did AGS get a mention?
Do you have a mpeg?

Im from germany, my english is not so good. This show called GIGA GAMES. on this, the netreporters presenting games. thats verry funny. from 10:00pm-0:00am. an GIGA GREEN from 3:00pm-8:00pm okay?

LucasFan

Quote from: SimmyThis show called GIGA GAMES. on this, the netreporters presenting games. thats verry funny.

I found this on a Giga Games-Fanpage. It's not complete but it shows some of the german eastereggs and it's a direct download. And yes, that music in the background is from Trapezoid.Ã,  :)

MonkeySpank

Wow, you did a really good job on remaking the game :)

I absolutely love it.

As I was playing an idea popped into mind: it would really be cool to play this game with like two other guys or girls (or tentacles, or whatever) over the internet.. Now with the tcp/ip plugin that could very well be possible. How about that suggestion? :)
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

AGA

That was actually LucasArts' original plan, MonkeySpank. The technology to make it work just wasn't available.  Same as the fourth Larry game was supposed to be online too.

MonkeySpank

Yeah, I kinda thought that I wasn't the first guy to figure this out, but hey.. what the hell...

I heard them romans ate hamburgers and drove taxi cabs around like year zero or something  ;)
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Nansober

This is a great game I love the fact that the story can be different with different characters. Keep up the good work  ;D

Scummbuddy

Quote from: Nansober on Fri 24/09/2004 16:10:30
This is a great game I love the fact that the story can be different with different characters. Keep up the good workÃ,  ;D

umm, LucasFan and his team didn't "create" the game, they just made an updated version of the original.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk