MOUNT MONKEY - in production (25% done)

Started by Sebel, Mon 08/11/2004 14:36:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebel

TSOMM-Team is proud to announce that our adventure game

is currently in production.

The story takes place about 40 years after the events on Monkey Island.
Lorraine Threepwood, the daughter of Guybrush Threepwood & Elaine Marley,
gets a message from Simon the Sorcerer who needs her help.
Simon, who is now a very old wizard, has seen that something evil will happen to the earth...
He wants Lorraine to collect some things he needs to protect the earth.
So she has to travel to Monkey Island, visiting her father who is now the owner of the SCUMM-Bar, she meets her old lover Indiana Jones who is in retirement and she gets to the
Maniac Mansion...

The game is an adventure-mix of the classic-LucasArts and adventure-soft games, combining
all characters and some locations in ONE story.
We combine and redesign original graphics for our story.

The game is actually produced in german language, but we will add english- and other
languages as soon as possible.

There are two demo-versions on our website available:
- An "old" demo-version (non playable, released in 1998, programmed with our own engine ASD-SCUMM, old intro-sequence)
- an AGS-demoÃ,  (playable, released 2004, some bugs in there, but shows in what direction we want to go)

added: nov,22nd 2004:
Some new screenshots here!
Currently we need a character animator and a dialogue-writer to optimize production time.

added: dec,24th 2004:
We have a limited version of our first chapter as a demo released! no sound, no save/load possible, german only. Have a look, it's worth a try!!! Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to everyone!

added: feb,18th 2005:
Intro-Sequence complete, chapter 1 of 4 complete (finished 25% of the game)

We are searching talented people who want to join our team:
- background-animators
- character-animators
- a second background-designer/illustrator

added: jun,20th 2011:
just twittered:
http://www.sebelinteractive.com/MountMonkey/MountMonkey_Demo.zip
windows version, 1+ chapters playable (demo version), german only
production status: freezed.
Regards,
Sebel

qptain Nemo

And how long are you going to make it?

Sebel

It is planned that MOUNT MONKEY will have four chapters. In each chapter Lorraine will visit another "classic"-adventure location, so it will be a full feature game.

Currently we have 61 Screens (backround gfx all finished for chapter 1 and intro-sequence), we are now designing and redrawing characters for chapter 1.
The other chapters will have 30-40 rooms plus cut-scenes.

The game idea exists since 1997 and now we are finally working hard on the realization. A new demo will be released in december this year showing many elements of the first chapter.
Don't start counting your chickens yet, but if everything will work fine we will release the game at the end of 2005.
Regards,
Sebel

Gregjazz

Ehhh... something about that title bothers me. Other than that it looks like it'll be a good game.

munkie

game looks like it's going to be fun

Sebel

so folks,
I've added some new screenshots at the top of this thread.
And we are searching a character-animator and dialogue-writer...
Regards,
Sebel

Iv4n

That's really cool! I hope you will find some character animatiors, 'cause your project looks awesome! And what happend to LeChuck? Is he retired? Is Lorraine the only child? What are those tentackles going to do?

Problem

To be honest, I don't really like the idea of mixing all those different adventures together. I love Monkey Island, Simon the Sorcerer and Indy - but each of those games has its very own athmosphere, and mixing them up might destroy it.  You'll have to be careful writing the story, don't throw in characters only because they appear in some adventure game. You need very good reasons for characters to appear in your game.
well, although I don't really like this idea, I wish you good luck with your game. I'd like to be proven wrong by your game  :)

Gonchi

I agree with Problem, I thought it was a fairly solid idea up until Indiana Jones and Maniac Mansion entered the equation.

In any case, I'll give it a go once it's done.
I'm here to kick butt and eat rice crackers, and I've got a lot of rice crackers

Sebel

Yeah, I know where you see the problems.
That's why we are very careful with story-writing and choosing the right locations.
But I promise, you'll love it! We do not throw all different styles together (for example the graphics from DOTT does not work with gfx from Monkey 1...)
And we do not combine gfx from Indy with Monkey Island. We have our own system, so that every player who knows about the old classic adventures will have the old feeling again. That's what we want.
We keep the right things together! And now we have a very talented background artist, who does a very excellent job.
It is right that you are a bit sceptic, but if you see the game and know what's all about, it will be very cool.
Regards,
Sebel

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I like the concept, but I notice that you're using the secret of monkey island elaine marley sprite.Ã,  I drew this real quick to give you some inspiration for what elaine and guybrush's daughter might look like:

Her hair is a cross between elaine's and guybrush, and her stance is somewhere between the two.Ã,  She's also detailed more like monkey island 2.Ã,  Enjoy!

Sebel

Nah, nice try,
but your sprite looks a bit "fat" and uglyÃ,  8)

You are right, we took the elaine-sprite, but we recoloured her hair.
So she looks most like her mother (and can be defined as a woman..)

Anyway, it seems you have talent for pixeling characters. Can you animate them, too?Ã,  8)
Regards,
Sebel

Gonchi

I thought you said you were redrawing characters, are you're going to use the original sprites for your characters? Even on Simon?

I'd definitely suggest making new sprites, at least for the main characters...
I'm here to kick butt and eat rice crackers, and I've got a lot of rice crackers

Sebel

We take the original sprites but we change them.
The story takes place 40 years after Monkey Island, so we have an older Simon The Sorcerer with a long beard.
Other Classic-Characters have grey hair.
Regards,
Sebel

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

QuoteNah, nice try, but your sprite looks a bit "fat" and ugly

QuoteAnyway, it seems you have talent for pixeling characters. Can you animate them, too?

Nice contradiction, there!  Also, you might go farther in these forums if you use a 'little' candor and decency in your replies when people offer some friendly assistance.  Oh, and you're right, those boobs certainly illustrate masculinity.  ::)

Sebel

Regards,
Sebel

teh Unplugged Zor

Erm.. here people don't reply with just a smiley.

I agree with problem, but good luck anyway.

Sebel

Ok, sorry guys.

We've added english-language sites now on our homepage, so you may understand now, what's going on with the game.
Regards,
Sebel

Snarky

Quote from: ProgZmax on Fri 26/11/2004 15:23:58
Nice contradiction, there!Ã,  Also, you might go farther in these forums if you use a 'little' candor and decency in your replies when people offer some friendly assistance.Ã,  Oh, and you're right, those boobs certainly illustrate masculinity.Ã,  ::)

Hey, I have to agree with Sebel that your version of Lorraine is hideous. It's not a bad sprite, it's just that it's a good sprite of a butt-ugly woman.

viktor

Well. umm...
Howcome simon has a grey beard but brown hair. That just looks like he's wearing the cut off beard from simon the sorcerer 1.  It dosn't look natural.

BTW. I downloaded the demo.  Man that demo is a drag. The characters talk to slow and you can't skip the lines.
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk