Appending to file... (SOLVED)

Started by Hollister Man, Fri 24/12/2004 17:10:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollister Man

EDIT-
DUH!!  eFileAppend!  Sorry guys.
Anyway, once I get it working, could someone put it in the archive?  It seems like a good idea, making it easy to add new interactions while running, effectively teaching the game, although you need to make some basic changes to it before it will actually work as part of the script (like add vocabulary words).
EDIT

I'm getting used to the new object based scripting, but I have a minor problem.  Basically, I'm adding a log to my parser which will save the input to disk.  Now, I thought I'd be able to just open the file and add a new line at the end (using WriteRawLine) but apparently it always writes at the beginning of the file.  Now is there someone more experienced with the file IO that could help me get this going?  I think the function, when done, will be quite helpful for parser fans.

The basic plan is to detect what the player typed, check to see if it contained addresponse (if(Said("addresponse rol"))) then ask for the new response to that interaction (of course, this would only work for things like "look at tree" and "eat rock")  Then it would append a new, formatted statement to the file in this format
Code: ags
 if(Said(INPUT)) Display(RESPONSE); 

I realize that won't work exactly, but I know how it should work.  I can figure it out mostly, but I can't seem to dream up a way to append text to the file (this may be quite obvious, but I'm still stumped.)
That's like looking through a microscope at a bacterial culture and seeing a THOUSAND DANCING HAMSTERS!

Your whole planet is gonna blow up!  Your whole DAMN planet...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk