National Treasure Movie

Started by .., Fri 31/12/2004 18:29:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Has anybody seen the film National Treasure? (Note: If you're planning too, it's probably not best to read on as their will prob. be spoilers and I will not be held responsible for accidental decapitation)

Anyway this thread is adventure related because watching it, the film feels like one big adventure game - i loved it.

It reminded me so much about classic adventures, it has the egyptian mystery element and ancient booby traps and mechansisms part reminiscent of many adventures.

And most obviously the central plot features heavily the Knights Templar (Broken Sword 1,2 and 3 if you didn't know) who bought the treasure back and hid it leaving clues.

It really was like one big adventure game, tracking down clues and finding things in national monuments.

(This thread isn't supposed to be one major plug, btw)

Has anyone else seen the film and thought the same? Or are there any other great adventure game-esque movies out there we should see?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I thought The Mummy was pretty much BS style. Honestly, Brendan Fraser would be the ONLY possible choice for a Geroge Stobbart if there ever was a Broken Sword FMV.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Anym

The Ninth Gate with Johnny Depp. He travels around the world in search of a book (well, two actually), has to talk people into things they are reluctant about, sneaks into offices while the secretary in on her lunchbreak, dresses up in order not be caught by his pursuers and after finding the books has to solve the final great puzzle that surrounds the books.
I look just like Bobbin Threadbare.

Moox

It was an ok movie but the ending was too fast I dont want to spoil it so I will stop now.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Oh no. Nononono. Don't speak too much about the 9th gate, please. The BOOK, now, "The Club Dumas", by Arturo Perez Reverte. that would have been AWSOME. The FILM completely ruined it.

Ok, I don't want to come across as a "purist". It's NOT a matter of remaining faithful to the book. Dolores Claiborne, for instance, was not faithful to the book at all and it's still a damn wonderful adaptation. Ditto "Secret Window".

But 9th gate is simply a spoiled opportunity. They literally cut out half of the story! And the most INTERESTING part, no less! The part that REALLY involved 90% of the mysteries.

...anyway, back on topic, I'd like to see MacGuyver or F/X in adventure game format. Not to mention Alien! Imagine Alien as a horror game!

Kneel. Now.

Nacho

I am sure someone must be thinking in making the "Da Vinci code"... Historically talking it's totally crap, but a film, AG would rule as an entertainment item.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

There is one. Sorta. It's called GK3. ;)

I KNOW it's not the same, but it's the same basis, and a better theory, or so I hear.

Kneel. Now.

Dot the Spot

Actually there is a movie version of Da vinci code being directed by Ron Howard. It's apparently going to star Tom Hanks as the professor Robert Langdon and probably french actress Julie Delpy as Sophie Neveu.

Coochy

I heard from my friend that National Treasure sucked...

falconmusic

Quote from: Scuthbert on Fri 31/12/2004 18:29:49

And most obviously the central plot features heavily the Knights Templar (Broken Sword 1,2 and 3 if you didn't know) who bought the treasure back and hid it leaving clues.

my grandpapa is partof the knights templar (extremly high degree in the masons) he said the movie was good but based on total fiction. as isthe davinci code.
Music. Writing. cool. http://falconmusicrecordings.co.nr

Gemmalah

I can't renember the name of the film i'm thinking of (if somebody knows help me out cos i've been thinking bout it for days)

A family buy a enormous satilite dish from a man which we may assume is the devil. THen they can watch hundreds of channels, but that night the dish starts to move and sucks in a person, then the family who come out to see. They have to travel to different channels of the tv finding the exit to each one for example they become cartoon mice and have to fight a cat in tom and jerry fashion.
Then they find the remote control and live happily ever after.

well i think that would be quite a cool adventure game with each channel being a different section with a different puzzle to find the exit.

thinking of broken sword 3 who got past the bit where you have to sneak past the guards, its a timed puzzle and annoyed me alot.
Dragon Slayers demo finally finishedGet it here!

Do you mean the puzzle with the Microwave? Everybody says thats a hard puzzle but I don't see how, I always end up doing it first time, there's a generous amount of time to complete it.

But the one I hate is getting past the gaurds in the big church hall thing, with the pulpit, And you have to do it 3 times!

But better not change the subject too much...

QuoteI can't renember the name of the film i'm thinking of (if somebody knows help me out cos i've been thinking bout it for days)
Are you sure you didn't dream that film? It doesnt ring any bells

Anym

Quote from: Scuthbert on Sun 02/01/2005 12:36:54
QuoteI can't renember the name of the film i'm thinking of (if somebody knows help me out cos i've been thinking bout it for days)
Are you sure you didn't dream that film? It doesnt ring any bells

I think it's Stay Tuned with John Ritter: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105466/

And were there any Templars in BS2?
I look just like Bobbin Threadbare.

blenderhead

Quote from: Gemmalah on Sun 02/01/2005 11:44:34

A family buy a enormous satilite dish from a man which we may assume is the devil. THen they can watch hundreds of channels, but that night the dish starts to move and sucks in a person, then the family who come out to see. They have to travel to different channels of the tv finding the exit to each one for example they become cartoon mice and have to fight a cat in tom and jerry fashion.
Then they find the remote control and live happily ever after.

it sounds like an eposode of the simpsons to me, i think it was a hallowe'en one

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk