A game thoght

Started by ., Tue 12/04/2005 13:40:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi my curren project Henry`s adventures I : The island of treasure (see it in AGS games in production) will be ready soon so i am thinking ahead. Ok here it is what do you think of Harry Potters fan game? The game will be based (if i make the game) on the second part : "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets". So what do you think any response expected.

jasonjkay

That might be pretty hard. Loads of people know what harry's world look like so to try and re-do it could make youre game look worse, then again it could work the other way and make people like youre game even more.
http://www.americangirlscouts.org/agsresources/ - Mods, plugins and templates.

Well i am a big fan of harry and i have the movies so i can learn from movies and try do to it. I am pretty sure i can do the world right.

ildu

Why don't you try to make a game similar to Harry Potter. Perhaps a mix of Discworld, Simon the Sorcerer and Harry Potter. Be original and make up the story and characters yourself.

Ubel

Or if you really want to make it about Harry Potter then make it be more like a parody than a real game. I mean it wouldn't really make any sence to have an adventure game about a book. Because you could just read the book and then you already know what the game is gonna be like. Thats the reason why I never really liked the Indiana Jones games.

Then on the other hand you could do a game based in the world of Harry Potter. Like the main character could be a student in Hogwarts or something.

Or then you could just ignore me and make a game you like ;)

Yeah the both ideas are good but if i am going to make it i think its going to be a book based or based on the world of harry but diffrent caharacters and there is also option that i make a game where harry and other characters are same but i make story up myself.

Sam.

not to piss on your bonfire, but i don't think this idea would work. Making up a harry potter story would make no sense hwatsoever as we don't yet know where the story is going from JKs point of view. Maybe when they are finished, a game could be pertinent, but as the story isn't done yet, we can't really elaborate on it. Also, your art would have to be awesome, to capture the involved, detailed, magical world of harry potter, i was deeply dissapointed by the official games, so (no offence)  i doubt you could do better than that.

GO ahead with it if you like, but it would make more sense to maybe, wirte a game in the harry potter world, but not related to the harry potter stories.
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Hmm you got a good point Zooty the made up story with harry could be useful when all seven books are ready

DanClarke

Quote from: Kristjan on Tue 12/04/2005 18:27:30
Hmm you got a good point Zooty the made up story with harry could be useful when all seven books are ready

unless you were to make a game based on a side tory that bared no real concequence to the series. Id also suggest not using the films as reference and inspiration, theyre extremely poor in comparison to the amount of detail and atmosphere given in the books.

It's an interesting idea, and one that could suit the genre well, but personally id be far too scared of making a mess of the whole thing both graphically and in terms of a plot. Bare in mind that harry potter is so brilliant because of it's writing and the atmosphere and images that JK Rowling can make us visualise when we read. If this wasnt carried accross well into the game, it would dispel (no pun intended) everything great about the series.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk