School project - le comic de la web

Started by 2ma2, Tue 26/04/2005 13:50:51

Previous topic - Next topic

2ma2

[DISCLAIMER]
Hello there. This is a shameless plug. Yes. Indeedy. In a way, it might fit into the critic's lounge, but in the same sense, it does not because frankly, it has nothing to do with AGS. Ok, now that we're through with that, let's get to it.
[/DISCLAIMER]

This might interest those with an interest in comic, but perhaps more those inclined to make their own.

I am currently working (or rather studying, but in a practical sense.. eh, whatever) with this webcomic-project entitled Cogs and Robbers. I think the site itself explain what the deal is, and now since the first major update is on the loose, I thought I'd share it with you (read: advertise).

The reason I'm dropping this onto you is because I know (knew?) most of you, and you're among the more friendlier, or rather resonable, communities out there. And after that smooth appraisal, here comes the request for your participation: If you like what you see, you're very much welcome to spread the word to friends and family with a similar interest. Ofcourse, I'll try this scheme at other places too, aswell as nagging friends back here, but any suggestions of places to sell your soul are welcome aswell.

I also seek to establish a pack of regular readers to partake in discussions with, even though in what sense is currently in the planning stages. Either way, if you send any feedback or similar (by mail or through this thread), let me know if you give permission for me to include the discussions in the process documentation (see the site for explanation)

Thank you for your attention.
Feels good to be a whore.
- Linus aka 2ma2

Las Naranjas

"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

jetxl

When I read webcomics, I always want more.
MORE!

Andail

Good gracious, that's beautiful, Linus!

I'll check back often to see the progress, the webpage itself glows with professionalism.

Off-topic: A couple of us comic-people just started a webcomic project, where we're gonna draw one panel each, without manuscript or even discussing.
If you wanna make a guest entry sometime, let us know!
http://www.nolore.com/solemn

Helm

This looks lovely. I don't think you can do 4 pages a week. Really. But good luck. I'll spread the word, and check back myself regularly.
WINTERKILL

LGM

Wow, simply gorgeous artwork. Reminds me of Bone for some reason.

Great stuff. I shall keep posted! I want MORE!
You. Me. Denny's.

Afflict

Wow! Off the wall art work! 2ma2 is really getting good at this.

I think the first AGS game i played was permanent daylight that was 2ma2 right?
Well I forced everybody I knew to play it. It was really kewl!

Really love the art! You are probably going to get full marks on the project!

2ma2

Las: Well I've been studying for 2 years now. It better be ;)

jetxl: More will come. Update every tuesday!

Andail: Thanks! Your comic-project seems quite interesting. I would very much like to make a guest entry :)

Helm: Since I do not work, this is like a fulltime job within my studies. So 4 pages a week it is. It is a rough deadline, I know, but I'll trade some imagery tweaking to practicing storytelling as much as I can now. ;)

lgm: "Reminds me of Bone for some reason" I love you. I'll take it up the ass if you'd like.

Fmarais: Glad you enjoyed it :)

Helm

dude don't say that to lgm

and the rotation for the comic strip is towards it's end, so this is a perfect time for your guest entry, then it goes back to andail
WINTERKILL

2ma2

Comparing me to Jeff Smith is comparing.. I don't know.. Bill Sienkovic?

Anyho', the third update is online, so now I'll try promo it even more. The biggest problem is how to establish contact with readers. A forum is way to big, I have not got the content worthy that size. A news section is according to webcomic formula, but it's not suitable for the task. Any suggestions?

I've registred at buzzcomics, and today, they seem out of business. Such timing.. blergh.

LGM

dude, don't listen to helm!

Anyways, I just tried looking at your update and I got 404ed! I AM TEH SAD!

2ma2

Make sure you're using the RIGHT adress, which is www.riotamot.com/cogs or cogs.riotamot.com.. sure, www.riotamot.com will point to the same location, but in a pityful way that messes up the script. I'll change that eventually..

Al_Ninio

I'm absolutely loving this, 2ma2.
I already feel connected to Alice somehow.
Now I see where the Bone comparison is coming from. ;)
Lovely.

Igor

woho, great comic! The art, storytelling.. it's superb, really..
i'm bookmarking this  :)

Chrille

Looks great! Seems very promising, 2ma2. I'll add a bookmark as well.
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

Dowland

:o

Gorgeous. Really ... Beside the comic, which I agree is wonderful ... I'm particularly charmed by the website itself, which is wonderfully put together (I actually feel like I opened a comic album, rather than am reading them on Firefox).

Bookmarking this too.

Eggie

I am what you call...
'Digging' this...

Very much so...

Flippy_D

One thing: 'Genius' doesn't have an O.

Otherwise, I love it! Shades of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind ihmo, and that's no bad thing. I will follow with interest...

Oh, and Permenant Daylight was also my first game. Isn't that nice.

=The=Brat=

i get tired of reading webcomics(it takes to long to read them) but of what i have seen so far they are awsome!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Allright, another awsome read! Thanks - it's great to be regularly treated to REALLY quality stuff - and I mean presentation, drawing, style, story, the whole woiks.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk