Satan Quest

Started by Trapezoid, Wed 30/10/2002 23:38:35

Previous topic - Next topic

LucasFan

Quote from: Trapezoid on Tue 19/11/2002 01:55:28I used LucasFan's (I think) TTF LucasArts font. I didn't notice 1-pixel spacing... Maybe that happens with TTF.

Normally that wouldn't happen in a TTF. The trick was to move the right border of the outline-characters a "pixel" (you know there are no pixels in TTFs… ;-) ) into the left direction. Now the following character would start from that border and both would overlap each other.

Finer

Yeah, after my last post, I've downloaded the 'monkey' demo you did, Lucasarts. I got this font editor Softy, and I've been playing around this the TTF fonts. Nice trick! Though making my own fonts as TTF is very time consuming and, somehow, it slows the game down when used instead of the SCI ones. On the characters that I've done, they don't come out 100% right on AGS. Still, I've learned something :)

ratracer

Let's start with negative points:
Hmmmm - none! Not even the fact that the game is very short - it's very enjoyable even so!

Positive: The best thing is the character! It's one of the best characters of all times. It's the best representation of Satan I've seen, even considering movies and such!
Brilliant. Keep Satan and do some more games with it, please!

The game itself is very pleasant. It's short and easy, but I don't have anything against games like that...

TheYak

If you ever do a talkie, I volunteer for the voice of Satan.  
Oh, and in tribute:

The ending song I think should've been used instead:
(1 Meg .mp3 that will last until Geo$hities pulls it)
Only click if you release me from liability for any harm done.
If it dies I'll replace with a .zip if anybody wants it.. (trust me, you probably don't)

edit: And if you can get geo$hities to give it to you.

Dorcan

Trapezoid, that was a great game !
I really enjoyed it, even if it was short!
And the music is excellent !

Butcher

Fine game there trapezoid!

I really loved the satan's "HAHAHA" animation
---------------------

FenderQ

A very funny game that I enjoyed very much.  My favorite part was a toss up between the music at the end and walking right through the glass door. :)

I found a possible minor game bug though.  Try repeatedly talking to the garbage can.  I know I am crazy for talking to a garbage can but you know how the saying goes "If it ain't broken, hit it again". ;D

Again, a very cool game!

Trapezoid

Yeah, I was testing out a box-fade, and talking to the garbage can was my test action. I accidentally left it in...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk