Shemwood Plains

Started by idiotbox, Thu 16/06/2005 03:40:08

Previous topic - Next topic

idiotbox

You play David, his friend tells him he is trapped in a house. When you get there, you realize this is not an ordinary house, but a house of pure evil. Trapped as well, you must do whatever it takes to get out, and do whatever it takes to survive.

Okay, I'm aware this game is crap graphics and crap sound, but I don't care. It's the best I felt like doing with Paint. If there's any glitches at all, let me know. I've been working on this a long time and I finally just threw the rest of it together and I have tested hundreds of times, but if there are any, let me know.

http://12.22.230.41/MicroTech/Host/Games/shemwoodplains2.zip

Gilbert

Well game looks nice so far, but here're some small advices:

1. You should include winsetup.exe in the package.
2. You should at least include a reademe.txt or instruction of some form, it's hard to figure out how to play it, all I can figure out is:
- arrows to move
- space to interact
- tab for inventory

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I second everything Gilbot says and add:

- I found another character quite early in the game, after I went all the south, got through a door, and went all the way east. I can't talk to him/her with space, is that normal?
- Could you add some way of customizing the character speed? Especially with him turning and all, it's a bit too slow.

Other than that, looks very nice. :) Reminds me of the really old-school Cult games.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

mags_don

heh, i saw a guy, ignored him, went into a room and came back out and he was nothin but blood. :o.but anyway. im stuck..
Spoiler
found bottom half of key..dont know what to do now.tried to use a coin with the arcade type games..no go.
[close]

Khris

F9 to F12 saves/loads/restarts/quits.

Stuck at same point as mags_don.

idiotbox

Thanks for the replies. I'm still fixing the small problems, but the game should run just fine.

Now about those questions about what to do in the game..

Spoiler
if you have the bottom of the key, some adhesive would help, as well as something small and round...
[close]

jane

I found the same with the guy - couldn't do anything but when returned there was just blood - wierd.  I couldn't get game to save etc and when I tried to combine items it crashed but will try reloading it later to see if it helps

Khris

After restoring the game, my inventory was full. There aren't any scroll buttons, so I got stuck.
Probably a glitch in on_keypress().

mags_don

this game is freakin me out :ohave gone much further but have found a few 'glitches'..like when i got the ring, it was still there..and now I'm in a room where all the doors are red and everyone i go into, i enter a room with what looks like blood but no way to get out of that room..im stuck..as usual..like the game tho, kinda reminds me of the game Cult. i dont know if this area is a glitch or if its me. will try again another day..and oh, the other glitch i think is i use the broken bottle on the blood and it says i have cut the rope  and the room goes black..hmmmmmm.

idiotbox

Sorry for the glitches, but after a reformat there's no way to fix them because I lost all the game data. But I assure you that I have tested it and the glitches only happen on things that don't work. If the right items are used, the game runs through complete. I'm working on a second game at the moment, which should be better than this.

mags_don

idiotbox...must say,,was enjoyable!! ;D goingÃ,  through each door i was anticipating something...horrifying? the game was suspenful in a way to me. anyway i really did enjoy it! and btw, thanks for the tip! doh is me!!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

QuoteIf the right items are used, the game runs through complete.
Lovely. What a pity that the average gamer doesn't know them and is bound to go through all through the wrong things first.

Kneel. Now.

The Book

Dark, spooky - almost silent hillish. Controls are tad cumbersome despite their originality.

lakerz

Controls were cumbersome and the graphics kinda bleh, but the plot had me continuing forward.  Too many fedex puzzles IMO as well, but not a bad effort!  Congrats on finishing this project!  :=

helpme

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Kneel. Now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk