Da New Guys (finally!)

Started by IceMan, Wed 13/07/2005 01:19:57

Previous topic - Next topic

IceMan

Two games on the front page? Yeehah!Ã,  ;D

Well, I can't help being excited - getting this thing to upload properly has been a nightmare.

Well, never mind that - the game's here!Ã,  If you haven't seen the post on the Production forum, let me bring you up to speed:

Da New Guys are the latest wrestling team to hit the Wrestle Zone.Ã,  The Brain, Simon and Defender are three Brits trying to make it big, and were forced into an unlikely alliance upon arriving in the 'States.Ã,  And they're about to face their biggest challenge yet - the repossession of their home!

So far, so sitcom.Ã,  But that's the idea - I've always thought it'd be funny to see what wrestlers have to put up with outside the limelight, and the result is (I hope) a funny, enjoyable take on what we all used to thing was real when we were kids...

How about some screens?

Have run-ins with the boss!

Experience stardom first-hand

Features?Ã,  Features?Ã,  Oh, right:
-2 different endings
-3 playable characters (duh!)
-30 rooms (excluding cutscenes - and the title screen, that's a room, dammit!)
-Full speech (optional, but recommended)
-It's, uh, longer than Bear Story!

Phew! I'm just glad to get this game out - it took a bear long time!Ã,  Ã, :P
A word about the music: I didn't do any of it.Ã,  Some's more obviously ripped than others, but it's all credited for at the end.Ã,  Also, this game uses the AGS Creditz plug-in, courtesy of AJA.

So, what are you waiting for?Ã,  Start rivalries, fight matches, work out, and pay the rent:

http://iceboxgames.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/

Blitzerland

This looks really awesome!

Seleceus

I must say:  Well Done!!!

I've only played through one ending, but I'll check the other one out tomorrow.
One bug, that I've noticed:  The ending music credits are a bit squashed in appearance, and can't be read.
Insert cliche here  ->         <-

PsychicHeart

i just played and it is pretty good. the ingame jokes are pretty funny, and the fact that there is only one cursor is good.
Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

IceMan

Glad you guys like it!  Have you been playing with the speechpack?  I know it's a bit fiddly, what with extracting two files together and all, but it was the only way I could fit it onto Microtech  ::)

Seleceus: I had the credits bug appearing too, but only when playing it in 640x400.  The bug shouldn't happen if it's on 320x200.

Mozesh

Played it, it's really nice ;D I really enjoyed it.
Way the go! better said I loved the game :P
Hoping for a sequel ;D

Seleceus

Quote from: IceMan on Wed 13/07/2005 10:24:09Seleceus: I had the credits bug appearing too, but only when playing it in 640x400. The bug shouldn't happen if it's on 320x200.
Unfortunately my current video card (which is built into the MB) doesn't support the lower resolution.  As long as it works in the proper resolution, everything's tight.
And yes, the voice pack sounds good.
Insert cliche here  ->         <-

bush_monkey

great game. Really funny and original in its setting(originality is a rare thing).
Just one question: why does it default to 320x240 and then tells you 600x400 is not the recommended resolution when it clearly has been made for that resolution? (It's really blocky in the lower mode but very smooth looking in the higher one).

Anyway, well done  ;D

IceMan

Er, well the game was drawn in the lower res.  I guess 640x400 would be preferable to play in 'cause the scaling would look less blocky.  The only problem is that, because the game's "official" res was 320x200, then the credits were drawn for that resolution (if you get me)

By the way, I also put in a cheat into the game that activates the alternate ending.  I figured that, if anyone can't be bothered to go through the whole thing (the proper trigger is in Part 1), then they can use the cheat and go straight to Part 4.  If you guys want to know, then post back

Oh, and Mozesh: that profile pic is TOO COOL!  8)

bush_monkey

was it really done for 320 ???

Sorry it just looks so blocky in that res  :P ....Anyway, absolutely love the humor in that game.

Spoiler

When Ice cold is jumping on the car, I was laughing out loud ;D
[close]

Vel

A great game you've made there, keep it up!

Totoro

Wow, that's pretty cool and really fun. I only played the first chapter so far but it really made me love several times. The characters are full of life, cool effects and the graphic is simple but I like it. The characters look really good!  :D

DoorKnobHandle

Quote from: Totoro on Thu 14/07/2005 23:58:03
I only played the first chapter so far but it really made me love several times.

Wow, I should try the game...  :o

Sorry for this nonsense post, I'll keep my mouth shut in the future...

Totoro

love -> laugh
LOL... I should not post at times when I should go to sleep instead. Well, but just think I wanted to say it made me feel like saying "I LOVE this game" several times  :=

Ubel

This game is brilliant! It's the best AGS game I've played in a long time. The voice acting is very good, the humor is actually funny, all the characters are great and puzzles are well designed! Simply great stuff IceMan!

IceMan

Thanks guysÃ,  :)

Several people have been asking about a prequel.Ã,  I'm getting curious: what exactly would people like to see?Ã,  I've already got a few ideas about what one would be like (life pre-DNG, how they form, etc.), but I'm open to people's ideas

Oh, and stop by the announcements page in a couple weeks.Ã,  There's gonna be something you'll like...Ã,  ;)

Blitzerland

This is the best AGS game that's come out in a long time. In my view, very pick-of-the-month worthy.

As for a prequel, it would be cool to see how the trio forms.

Vel

While a prequel would be nice, I would much rather see a more serious game from you, something adventury, something indiana jones-y, or whatever you might think of...
Just my two cents.

Ubel

I fully agree with Vel. A serious, still humorous, full length game from you would be so great! At least think about it.

IceMan

Yeah, fo' sure!
More action/adventure (with comedy elements) is definately the next direction I'll be taking.Ã,  I've actually been looking at various programs on the net (Swift 3d at the moment) into incorporating 3d action scenes into 2d games.

I think, as far as AGS games go, KQ2+ was pitched perfectly.  But then, that was a team effort, so I think it'd be pretty fun to work on a team game at some point. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk