Sprite Jam! 8-26 to 9-2- Topic: Loveable Kids! Winner: FloskFinger!

Started by Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens, Fri 26/08/2005 13:44:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

That's right folks, I spent a whole two minutes pondering over what to introduce for the next sprite jam and I've decided it will be:

Loveable Adventure Game Kid Heroes!

Rules:

Character must be a HUMAN boy or girl and fit within the norms of a 1980's character sprite.  Therefore, I would say nothing larger than 40x60, though that's a rough estimate.  Colors should be 8-bit or less, meaning you are free to use EGA, CGA, or even the c-64 palette if you so desire- and I dare you to!  Also, and this is important, the character MUST BE NEW.  Not something you did a month ago and think 'hey, I'll just use this here'.  I want to see new material, gang!

Inspiration:

(relocated gif)

Get to it and show me some loveable kid heroes!

Elianto

Can you post the image from another source... my firefox keeps loading like forever but i cannot see it!

magintz

same. Nice topic btw, but would like to see these images.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Willy Beamish is the image. Wonder how come I got to see it and no one else did... ah well. I think it was Willy Beamish being look at by a nurse, or something. Anyway - Willy's the example.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

CodeJunkie

Picture works for me, now and when you posted the topic, in Firefox and IE.

Elianto

Hello,

i' just starting with pixel graphic so I'll try something better... this is the first result in 11 colors.

here some animation tentative...

PS: if someone can also give some comments and suggestion it'll be welcome!!!

Sam.

well, a bit of a crappy effort, but i thought i post anyhow.

Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Floskfinger

Here's my Loveable Adventure Game Kid Hero in 29 colors. I couldn't decide if he should be holding his wooden sword or not. 
Dancing madly backwards on the sea of air...

TheYak

I'm so-so on the feet for your char, Flosk, but the rest of it's incredible (palette & personality just struck me for some reason).  Not being the critic's lounge, I'll stop.

Elianto

Please criticize also here (at least for me) i think many like me are just beginners and some help could come also looking someone better and getting some advice here!
I've to say that the palette is really a big part of this art and that's one of the thing i should work more

Tuomas

This lil kid is so clever. There's naught he can't do with his blue rattling thingamabob!Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, 

itec

"Crap, I broke it."

This is my first entry :) (not that anyone would be intrested)

viktor

signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

LilBlueSmurf

Eh, another quick and not so great entry, but oh well... Can't get more 80's than thisÃ,  ;)

Ã, 

Dambuilder

She looks like one of those girls from "Full House"!  :P
Everybody else is having one, so why not me?

Venus

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

After careful consideration, the winner is:

FloskFinger!  Many of you had very good entries, but his stood out as having the most personality.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk