Website

http://www.t-vandepoele.be/pms

Features

640x480 32-bit graphics, in CMI (Monkey Island 3) style
ogg encoded ambient music
all improved verbcompass gui system
puzzle solving fun

Story

You're a man of action, a rogue, a swashbuckler, a man who can drink fifteen kegs of beer in under 10 minutes, a man on a real important mission!
That is, if you could get actually remember what it was.

Reclaim your lost memory, your pirate skills and most importantly your loot. Get a ship and crew together and go save the day (or at least have some fun)! What more could a man want?

Screenshots

(resized for easier overview, click on any to view it in full glorious 640x480 ;))

Team

Lead Programmer
Tom 'Electroshokker' Vandepoele

Dialogs
Tom 'Electroshokker' Vandepoele
Micheal 'Fawfulhasfury' Cross
John Cusick

Background Artist
Daniel 'zyndikate' Thomas

Animations
Tzanko Tchangov
Kyle Evans
Daniel 'zyndikate' Thomas
Lizzie Hupcey
Chris Spry

Art Support
Eyal "Ejay" Jamer

Music
Anders "A-hed" Hed
Helge "Bluegrot" Taskdal

Sound FX by
Matthew Brown

Darth Mandarb

FORUM RULES

edit - thanks for the update!

Secret Fawful

This game is very good, and I recommend you try it. Thge author has so far managed to implement jokes to replace things that aren't there yet, which makes it even funnier. Once again, this is no crappy fan game, you must try it no matter how short it is!

Mats Berglinn

I haven't got so far but it seems quite good so far. The inventory doesn't seem to work. I try to right click more than once but it doesn't work.

Maybe it's just me but I think Guybrush's walking movement is too slow. I know that he is under water but still. Also you should make some animation or at least somekind of thing that shows that Guybrush does open the cabinet (and the drawer also). It only needs a animation of Guybrush reach his hand and then switch over a object for the cabinet and the drawer.

Secret Fawful

Electroshokker

Quote from: Mats Berglinn on Tue 13/09/2005 18:40:57
Maybe it's just me but I think Guybrush's walking movement is too slow. I know that he is under water but still. Also you should make some animation or at least somekind of thing that shows that Guybrush does open the cabinet (and the drawer also). It only needs a animation of Guybrush reach his hand and then switch over a object for the cabinet and the drawer.

yup, stuff like that still needs to be added, I was mainly working on adding voice animations, but the other stuff (like pick up, an open closet, ...) are the next thing on my priority list.

as for the:
Quote from: Mats Berglinn on Tue 13/09/2005 18:40:57The inventory doesn't seem to work
bit:

there is a README attached which explains this (I'll probably add a help button to the options screen for those that never bother to read the README, aka everybody (so it seems))

for the options screen, press F1

(I'm NOT using the CMI template, in case you're wondering. It was way too limited by means of interaction with the inventory, and showing messages on top of the gui wasn't possible. => I completely (well, almost completely) rewrote the guicontrol script)

Candle

Mats Berglinn

Quote from: storyteller on Tue 13/09/2005 20:46:01

there is a README attached which explains this (I'll probably add a help button to the options screen for those that never bother to read the README, aka everybody (so it seems))

for the options screen, press F1

(I'm NOT using the CMI template, in case you're wondering. It was way too limited by means of interaction with the inventory, and showing messages on top of the gui wasn't possible. => I completely (well, almost completely) rewrote the guicontrol script)

I've finished the demo. Seems quite nice so far. I've read the Read Me but it said that the inventory would pop up on the right click, not on tab. Anyway, try to script so that you can do the interactions with the inventory items (mouth action, eye action and hand action).

Fribbi AGDI joker

I am stuck in this game. I have found the knife. Voodoo supplies, rope, Box of chereal.

I used the rope on the ??? but know nothing else what I am suppose to do now.So what am I suppose to do now?

Mats Berglinn

Quote from: Fribbi AGDI joker on Thu 15/09/2005 19:01:34
I am stuck in this game. I have found the knife. Voodoo supplies, rope, Box of chereal.

I used the rope on the ??? but know nothing else what I am suppose to do now.So what am I suppose to do now?

Check out below:

Spoiler
Have you looked on the cereal box in the inventory? A clue to other thing: You've seen the voodoo underwater explosives but in order to get to the escape way quickly and beat the demon you'll need to detonate it from a distance (something that you've got in the inventory will help).
[close]

Fribbi AGDI joker

Thanks for the answers. I have finished the game now.

It need some bug fixes but the game is very great.  It has the right Monkey Island humor alright. Keep on the good work man.

Electroshokker

Quote from: Mats Berglinn on Thu 15/09/2005 16:45:46
I've finished the demo. Seems quite nice so far. I've read the Read Me but it said that the inventory would pop up on the right click, not on tab. Anyway, try to script so that you can do the interactions with the inventory items (mouth action, eye action and hand action).

the readme should state: "press TAB to enter and exit the inventory" (I've altered the thing 2 times since I put the 0.03 version online, though, so I'm not sure of the old version.)

Anyways, as for the interaction with inventory items with the coin gui: it IS possible to do so, but that'll take a LOT of scripting work.

I'd have to:

- not allow clicks on gui (meaning all clicks will trigger whatever is underneath gui, so an alternate response script needs to be written)

- calculate the positions of all inventory items (the squares), so any click at the right mouse.x and mouse.y activate the right inventory item

...all in all a LOT of work. If you guys (and girls) really want it though, I'll get started on it. Afterwards, once it works properly, I'll make the scripting available to all that want it.

I'd expect the renewed gui to be finished somewhere within the next two days, if other duties don't occupy too much of my time. (which is ok, since the guy doing my backgrounds needs time to make the new ones I asked of him anyways)

Quote from: Fribbi AGDI joker on Thu 15/09/2005 19:59:02
It need some bug fixes but the game is very great.  It has the right Monkey Island humor alright. Keep on the good work man.

Great you like it. It's my first game (and the first I've actually begun producing)

As for the bug fixes: am working on it. (the sea monkey kitchen room has been reworked already, but I'll release it after I finish some other, new stuff...)

Candle

Mats Berglinn

Quote from: storyteller on Thu 15/09/2005 21:35:43

Anyways, as for the interaction with inventory items with the coin gui: it IS possible to do so, but that'll take a LOT of scripting work.

I'd have to:

- not allow clicks on gui (meaning all clicks will trigger whatever is underneath gui, so an alternate response script needs to be written)

- calculate the positions of all inventory items (the squares), so any click at the right mouse.x and mouse.y activate the right inventory item

...all in all a LOT of work. If you guys (and girls) really want it though, I'll get started on it. Afterwards, once it works properly, I'll make the scripting available to all that want it.

Good thing that you really going to do that because the MI3 Verb Coin that's on Rui Pire's site was too tricky to use and it hindered me a lot for Caribbean Mysteries so I switched it over to the Verb Boxes instead (CM was originally have the Coin because it was inspired by The Curse of Monkey Island).

Also I found an error (not ingame error or programming error but just a regular one): If you look at the cereal box on Threepwood Island while the Welshman is there, he will be there on the journal page. Were you aware of that? Also, Guybrush's front veiw have two versions of it, one correct which points his hair to the right and the wrong, mirrored one which points his hair to the left.

Electroshokker

Quote from: Candle on Fri 16/09/2005 18:41:03
I would suggest this when you update it .
http://www.clickteam.com/English/patch_maker.htm

Thanks! That'll save me a 14Mb upload.

Quote from: Mats Berglinn on Fri 16/09/2005 20:24:28
Also I found an error (not ingame error or programming error but just a regular one): If you look at the cereal box on Threepwood Island while the Welshman is there, he will be there on the journal page. Were you aware of that? Also, Guybrush's front veiw have two versions of it, one correct which points his hair to the right and the wrong, mirrored one which points his hair to the left.

Yup, I know of the cereal box error (fixed it). The front view error I hadn't noticed yet. Is now also fixed.

EDIT:

The new GUI system is now ready. Now, a left click will have the same result as normal, and a right click will open up the verb-coin gui on the inventory item. (instead of standard response)

EDIT:

VERSION 0.10 is READY!!! with new, improved animations, backgrounds, ... so check it out!

splat44

I must say that I am very impress.

Looking forward to other parts.

I'm wondering, how many parts are you planning?

Electroshokker

Standard MI games have 5 parts...

Mine will have at least those 5, but if I find it necessary, I'll split one or two up in more parts.

BTW: part 1 is the SMALLEST of all parts.

Amrath

Good game liked what I saw, although I did get stuck

Spoiler
After the Lost Welshman turns up and gives you the compass, I filled it with sea water and not knowing what else to do with it used it on the smouldering tree stump only for the it say the water was heating up then the item disappeared
[close]

Scummbuddy

SOMI: Had 4 parts
LR: Had 4 parts
CMI: Had 6 parts
EMI: I don't care to load up the game to see how many parts it had.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk