Tune Contest Sept. 12th - 24th: WINNER ANNOUNCED

Started by Gregjazz, Mon 12/09/2005 02:42:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregjazz

Hey people!

This week's rules:

Write an original song dedicated to the New Orleans victims of the Hurricane Katrina

It really could be any genre, though I suggest either an orchestral ballad of some sort or one of those New Orleans Gumbo/Zydeco styles of music. The composition should be inventive, original, and portray emotion well.

I will buy the winner their very own copy of Spectrasonics New Orleans Strut drum loops. This is 100 megs of fantastic downloadable drum loops. Spectrasonics is donating 100% of their sales to the relief effort.

Good luck everyone!

Nikolas

That is really worth trying. I think I'll give it a shot...

Oz

Great initiative Geoffkhan. I will enter if I can free up some time.
Diversity is divine!

Gregjazz

Any entries? Should I extend the contest a little?

Sluggo

Yeah, extend it a little, I am trying to work on something.

Gregjazz

Okay, just as a special case I'll extend the contest to the 24th. Just because there's a great prize involved, and I'm sure you guys want a chance at winning it.

By the way, just to clarify things, it's a downloadable sound library -- about 107 megs compressed. After announcing the winner I will go buy the sound library from Spectrasonics and PM (or email) the winner the download URL.

Floskfinger

I acually made a song for this competition. But the file was 656 kb to big to be uploaded : :'(.
Dancing madly backwards on the sea of air...

Gregjazz

Quote from: Floskfinger on Tue 20/09/2005 00:34:08
I acually made a song for this competition. But the file was 656 kb to big to be uploaded : :'(.

http://www.rapidshare.de

Floskfinger

http://rapidshare.de/files/5302757/soft.MP3.html
Hope it works... I had some big trubble making this song, my computer was bitching with me and I couldn't listen to the song propperly (Had to guess alot). But it turned out ok in the end.
BTW, Thanx alot for the link!
Dancing madly backwards on the sea of air...

Metamorfo

Here's my entries (maybe so poor...Ã,  :()

Principal: Guido Sirna - Basta

Secondary (if i can): Guido Sirna - Muerte

Nikolas

Geoff how much more do we have.

Can we have one (or maybe two, please............) I'm working on it.
If not never mind, but I'd like to take part. I've almost completed the lyrics

+you'll get to hear my voice!!!!!!!!! ;D

Nikolas

sorry everybody...

for the double post, and for everything. Don't count on me after all. My son is ill so no work for me today and probably for a couple of days. So sorry, again...

Gregjazz

Gonna judge it tonight, so you probably have about 6 hours left...

The Scorposer

Well, it took me several days to finish this, but it's finally ready! :)

Have a listen! (1.7 MB)

It really reflects the emotions I felt when watching the news on TV about the terror Hurricane Katrina had caused. It really struck me with horror :(

Gregjazz

Okay, contest over!

There were a lot of great entries, but The Scorposer's song seemed to be the most skillfully created song, not only by the realistic instrumentation, but also the composition itself -- a very moving piece.

A big congratulations to the Scorposer!

The Scorposer

Wow, I'm quite honored! :D Great entries everyone. I'll start the new contest a.s.a.p.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk