Tune Contest : Sept 26th - Oct 3d

Started by The Scorposer, Mon 26/09/2005 15:48:54

Previous topic - Next topic

The Scorposer

Okay, here's the deal:

Take a movie, TV-show or (computer)game and provide it with a completely new main theme.

There are no restrictions other than that the theme should contain a guitar of some sort.

Have fun!

Synthetique

i think people will enter the compo if you get rid of the guitar restriction

Ishmael

The guitar restriction does not bother me at all. And I don't think it stops people, there are a lot of guitar players in the participants of past competitions, and for the rest it's a fresh natured challenge.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

The Scorposer

Quote from: Synthetique on Sun 02/10/2005 13:04:25
i think people will enter the compo if you get rid of the guitar restriction

It's just how you define the rules: You can let a guitar (electric, acoustic, banjo, etc.) play a melody, but you can also let a bass guitar play an occasional note alongside another instrument that is taking up a melody (for example). It's all up to you. :)

Gregjazz

I have an entry, but it's a bit more of a cover of the theme song... should I enter it anyway?

The Scorposer

Sure! All entries are more than welcome!

PS: If there are less than 2 entries tonight I'll extend this contest a few more days.

Gilbert

Or, extend the dimension of the deadline. :=

This is just a lame joke anyway, ignore it.

Ishmael

Hmm... yes, do extend it, I'm working on something.

\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Nikolas

I also have something in mind, but after the last contest where I said I would do something and didn't well...I don't know. You can always not trust me. ;D

Ayways, scorposer, nice idea, very usefull and I'll try to make it. So really some more days I hope won't make a difference to anyone else... ;D

Minimi

Here's my entry! I hope I'm still in time!

Movie: Pay it Forward

this movie Pay it forward, is one of my favorite movie, and leaves you in tears! If you haven't seen it, you should!

I played this song on my guitar. It's a bit made in a hurry, as I found out about this thread like an hour ago. But anyway... here it is:

link: http://minimi.spijbelaars.com/PeterOlthof-PayItForward.mp3

lyrics:

Hey I've got a plan
Help somebody out
someone that needs help
That's what life's about

Pay it forward
Let go of yourself
Pay it forward
three times in a lifetime
We can make this world a better place!

cheers! ;D happy listening (or not)

DoorKnobHandle

This is my entry. It's the music for the well-known "Celebrity Deathmatch" series on MTV.

I wrote it in a short amount of time, but I think it does not fail to express the violence and tension from the series.

It's only 45 seconds, since I wrote it to be more a logo/jingle tune, than a complete song. I think the rules implied that.

Anyways, it's pretty much in contrast to the other entry above (which I quite liked, by the way), but the reason I posted mine is... it has a guitar in it... ;D

Phew - it's been a long time since I last entered one of those competitions. Good luck to all other entries.

EDIT: I still can't spell...

Minimi

that sound makes me think of some shooting game on my gameboy! :) I think it was  called "Contra"

Gregjazz

My entry:

http://rapidshare.de/files/5841659/drwho.mp3.html

This is what the Dr. Who theme should've sounded like. ;D

Enjoy!

The Scorposer

Great entries so far, everyone! Very nice! :)

I'm willing to extend the deadline for a day for Ishmael & nikolasideris, but only if the other participants agree (since their entries are in within the restricted time limit).

Also, if one of you, Ishmael or nikolasideris,  is not planning on participating please let me know. Thanks.

Gregjazz

Quote from: The Scorposer on Mon 03/10/2005 21:54:11
I'm willing to extend the deadline for a day for Ishmael & nikolasideris, but only if the other participants agree (since their entries are in within the restricted time limit).

No problem here with extending the deadline!

DoorKnobHandle

Yeah, go ahead. I won't win here anyway :-\ :D

The Scorposer

Okay, tonight at 12 pm the contest will come to an end :( and I'll start judging the entries :)

Nikolas

Ok. I made it! Just in time. Thanx Scorposer...

http://rapidshare.de/files/5861185/AfterLife.mp3.html

It actually does not have a guitar in, but then again I don't have a guitar at home, and I don't play guitar but piano.. :-\

If I shouldn't take part say so...

On the other hand it's got a really nice bass line (although it is repeating itself a lot...)

Anyway go ahead and judge... (Of course after Ishmael makes his entry...)

The Scorposer

Thanks for you entry, nikolasideris!

Quote from: nikolasideris on Tue 04/10/2005 12:41:16On the other hand it's got a really nice bass line (although it is repeating itself a lot...)

Well, then your entry is legitimate :) Like I said, as long as it has something of a guitar in it.

By the way; what game, movie, etc. did you compose this for?

Ishmael

Thanks for the extra time. I'm pretty much done, but having some difficulties with transmissions. I'll work them out to a bit better shape than the current before I enter my piece.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk