Animation Competition: Congrats, ProgZmax!

Started by SpacePirateCaine, Fri 28/10/2005 19:10:33

Previous topic - Next topic

SpacePirateCaine

Ahoy ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the Animation competition. The rules are simple, but for the sake of posterity, I shall post 'em right here for you to read.

Ahem:

• A sprite is supplied, with a theme.

• Participants must use the given sprite for their animation.

• Each competition will last 11 days.

• The starter of each competition will decide on the winner.
The winner, who will decide on the next competition's theme, must also supply a sprite.

And without further ado - the sprite! (Many, many thanks to Steve McCrea for his wonderful sprite)

Meet Mika Huy, reporter for Reality-on-the-Norm's local newspaper, The Realiser. Some of you may already know her. Well I thought I'd help contribute to the RON community a bit by featuring a RON character in the competition, so we can have a little more animation, and with any luck, help to spread the word about this great series. There are no limits to what you can make her do, the only thing I require is that it be a loopable animation that starts and ends with the above picture as frame 1. Make it as long as you want.

That is all.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Mika reads a notice of eviction.  I was going to do something more interesting but I don't have the time.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Heh. Seems like RON awareness is going up (reference to a thread in Adventure Chat and to this month's writing competition). Wonderful!

On a sidenote - great animation for "Animation Competition"! I could watch that little guy all day.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

vict0r

Redwall

aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

Krysis

I suck at animating so I wont take part in this one.
Just wanted to say that 10 monts are a bit too long for any competition.  ;D

mozza

Here is my entry:

SpacePirateCaine

Ah, pardon that little typo there. It was three in the morning when I typed that up, and I'd been animating the Animation Competition text the whole day. Fixed.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

SpacePirateCaine

Well, the deadline has come and gone, it seems, and only two entries. Oh well, better than one or none - and two animations is still pretty good, as they will now be available to the RON community for use. Good work, ProgZmax and Mozza, thanks for participating. I personally liked ProgZmax's animation for its smoothness and realism. Subtle and easy to implement. Lovely.

So congratulations, ProgZmax, you get to host another Ani-comp - and are a step closer to a grand slam.

Applause, everybody.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk