Sprite Jam: Winner announced!

Started by InCreator, Mon 31/10/2005 07:49:29

Previous topic - Next topic

InCreator

Since last SJ was a bit shorter and therefore got only few entries, I think we try again with this one:

Theme: Photorealism 2: Your very own adventures!

What: Draw yourself as an adventure game character. You may use a photo for reference or anything else that could help to achieve as recognisable result as possible. It wouldn't harm to include a link to your real photo for comparasion. While the face should be real, outfit, accessories, whatever else is free of choice, either you're dressed up as Indiana Jones, a ninja or Roger, there's no matter. Also, you don't have to use anyone else's outfits but make your own.

Restrictions:
* maximum image size  60x110
* colors: no limit!
* no copy-pasteing; you have to draw
* sprite should look usable in real game

Good luck and start drawing!

Krysis

I know its a bit too soon to post but patience never was one of my perks. And since I'm done with it for hours its time to post it. Me as a king. Since we dont celebrate hellowin I decided to dress up my sprite insteadÃ,  :)

Top THAT, BigBrother! :P
Heh and here is my ugly little mugshot:
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5629/image0399fi.jpg

Mordalles

krysis, that is one of the best sprites ive seen in a long time! excellent!
I'm not sure anybody is going to beat that! ;)
if we could vote, i would vote right now!

i wont enter this one, since the last photo of me must have been taken about 4 (yeah, seriously) years ago when i was still in school.

wait, no, there was one in the newspaper, showing me playing a cricket shot, but it only shows the back of my head (i still had my long hair then, haha.)

o, and yeah, i like cricket! so shoot me. its much more exciting than baseball!
;D
just like rugby is much more fun than american football! atleast we dont wear silly pads and helmets and stuff. haha.

i guess i made a lot of enemies now.Ã,  :D

although, if you really wanna know how i look, look at my avatar. i drew that looking at mirror, added a bit of blood and red evil eyes. but its not a sprite, so i dont think i can enter it. haha.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Tiki

I'm pretty sure this fits the rules.

Haven't entered a Sprite Jam in a while, so I gave this a whirl.  I don't tend to do "photorealistic" things... so this satisfies me.

Approx. 40 colors.  Probably should have done with fewer.

EDIT Here's another one, that probably goes along with the rules better

1x
2x

Robin Hood!

Babar

'Tis Babarius, the 1st Knight of Krysis!

I made the drawing huge, and then resized it to give it a somewhat "photorealistic" look. It lost a lot of the detail, though.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Sektor 13

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

It's me as Ygor for an adventure game.  I'm so nice I even waved.
41x55.  I was small.  I got better.

scourge

yo krysis, that is one darn good sprite (and your cow suit guy too). You sure are getting better.

i also like progz's zombie dude  ;D. overall there is some very good sprites here, everybody is getting so good.

InCreator

I think it's about time to announce the winner.
Since !all entries were really !good, and you gave me hard time to pick the winner... huh...

I liked Tiki's and Krysis' entries the most, so the winner is...

Krysis!

Congratulations. And start a new Jam soon.

Mordalles

congrats, krysis, u deserved it!

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk