"RMI project" art (current: sketches up for criticism)

Started by Electroshokker, Thu 03/11/2005 20:18:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Electroshokker

We're currently having a poll about the look of our main character. Have a look.

more artwork is found at this spot

note: the website won't be updated 'till we're further along, artwork is currently going extremely slow 'cause our lead artist got a real life (go figure)

Feel free to post any comments here about anything you see.

DanClarke

I like the guybrush, the jacket suites well, but id really conider keeping the CMI style of feet, they just suit the style so much better.

Electroshokker

Quote from: DanClarke on Thu 03/11/2005 20:24:43
I like the guybrush, the jacket suites well, but id really conider keeping the CMI style of feet, they just suit the style so much better.

EDIT: poll's been updated, check it out, and cast yer vote (or just place a new comment here)

DanClarke

Quote from: storyteller on Thu 03/11/2005 20:45:56
Quote from: DanClarke on Thu 03/11/2005 20:24:43

As soon I can show the reworked boots (may take a while, since my sis also has other stuff to do), I'll set up a new poll about the boots.

Currently, we're deciding on his size (tall, short, ...), and wether or not we want him skinny. As with all polls we have (though this is the first public one), the majority wins.

Not really a criticism, but personally, i wouldnt leave it to an audience to decide on design issues. If you're the designer you should make the decisions yourself, the people who vote may not know what will look good at all from a design point of view. It is after all your game, and it should look how you want it to.

Electroshokker

Quote from: DanClarke on Thu 03/11/2005 23:01:30
Not really a criticism, but personally, i wouldnt leave it to an audience to decide on design issues. If you're the designer you should make the decisions yourself, the people who vote may not know what will look good at all from a design point of view. It is after all your game, and it should look how you want it to.

Yeah, good point, but the changes I'm allowing are minor work.

The audience needs to love the main character, so how he looks is quite important...

EDIT: some updates: GB front view 'ready', and a surprise visit... (see my avatar on our forums)

Electroshokker

a few sketches I've drawn myself (please comment):

(note they're not full size (original size is 1024x480, which wouldn't fit here)

Ace_Gamer

HEY!!!!! (this is ace_monkey btw) you never said you were posting these here
.maybe you should post the complete *spoiler* island (second smallest in the carrabian)

Electroshokker

Quote from: Ace_Gamer on Fri 02/12/2005 16:58:49
HEY!!!!! (this is ace_monkey btw) you never said you were posting these here

I need to know what others think of these, see what could be improved. I'm not exactly the best background artist around, so I'd really appreciate some input from more experienced artists.

Quote from: Ace_Gamer on Fri 02/12/2005 16:58:49.maybe you should post the complete *spoiler* island (second smallest in the carrabian)

*spoiler* island wasn't drawn by me, and besides, that background is +- a finished piece

WD-40

The game's all-original inventory screen will also be a plus for the project.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk