Tune Contest - Dec 2nd - 9th IT'S OVER

Started by Ghormak, Fri 02/12/2005 10:42:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghormak

I have a train to catch, so I'll keep this brief!

The theme for this tune contest is...

Evolution!

I'm not necessarily talking about evolution of the Darwin kind, so you Pastafarians are free to enter as well. What I mean is this: you start with a simple, recognizable theme. Let this theme evolve over time, add more instruments, change instruments, do whatever, and by the end you should have a completely different theme, different mood, different... something!

Are these rules too restrictive? Too open? Too vague? Well, I guess I'll find out in due time! GO, MY CHILDREN.

------

Yes, my children! I have decided on a winner.

The winner is Helm!

But it was a somewhat close call! I enjoyed Fuzzpilz' tune too, and would really like to hear a full-fledged finished version of it, because boy do I love your drums.

Progzmax' tune was nice too, but I didn't really feel like it evolved. The beginning and the end sound pretty much the same to me, with only a part in the middle that deviates somewhat from the theme.

I have to confess I don't "get" Nikolas' entry, at all. It didn't really evoke an emotion, and I didn't have any sense of where it was going. It was practically a pianist hitting random keys in my ears.

So there it is. Your turn, Helm!
Achtung Franz! The comic

Helm

WINTERKILL

Nikolas

rharpe, this is lovely! A great idea. Original in it's conception but not in its composing, but there's so much a man can do... Lovely!

rharpe

Quote from: Nikolas
...but not in its composing...
But I didn't compose any of it, (besides the words,) just a bunch of cutting and pasting!  ;D
"Hail to the king, baby!"

Nikolas

Ok. Here it is:
http://rapidshare.de/files/8778854/perniciosus1.mp3.html

and

http://rapidshare.de/files/8779895/perniciosus2.mp3.html

It was not initially composed for this competition, but it does fit the rules I believe. It is 4:10 and 3 Mb. The quality is somewhat a little poor as it is only 96 Kbps but otheriwse the file would be 5 Mb, and I wouldn't want to do that. The second one is 3.2 Mb and 4:30.

The piano is Giga piano, stolen from my university and all the computer work and composing work is mine.

A little about the work: It is devided into tow halves (this is why it is in two parts. It is also easier to download this way). Anyway the 1st part is slow and has the most evolvement, so the 1st part is my entry. The second is the result of all this evolving. And it is fast. And technically demanding! And very hard rock!

I hope you like them.

Fuzzpilz

Shouldn't have bothered, but since I did...

I did this far too quickly and ran out of time before I could make it not suck, since I'm going to be gone most of today.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

One of the tunes from the Deep Freeze soundtrack.  It was designed to change from desperate to sinister to a heroic finale as the 4 minute timer counted down to your destruction in the game.  Hopefully I can put together a decent team and finish the game sometime, but for now...

http://members.cox.net/progzmax/DF-Escape_the_Aurora.ogg

Nikolas

ProgZmax: Lovely contemporary sound. I love it!

Ghomark: Are you here? Are you going to ellect a winner, or am I asking this too soon?

EDIT: Sorry I thought it wasthe 10th. Sorry...

Ghormak

The norm is to wait until the day is over until judgement is passed, I believe. Every now and then there are some last minute entries.
Achtung Franz! The comic

Nikolas

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk