Comic Conquest - 1/11 to 1/25 - Winner, Thy Name Is...

Started by Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens, Wed 11/01/2006 15:15:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

The topic is : Post-Apocalyptic Shakespeare!  Using sprites, a pencil, or even your tablet, create a comic that plays out a classic Shakespeare scene- only altered for a post-apocalyptic setting. 

That's right- the classic duel of Hamlet and Laertes, only it's Mad Max vs. Mohawk guy...Or...

Romeo and Juliet with two radioactive mutants...

I will judge based on how well I can recognize the scene, so using the classic dialogue may be a good idea.

BEGIN!

Babar

awww....so.....no creative funnies? Seems interesting either way. Might cook up something.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

You can be creative, I just have to be able to recognize what scene you're parodying.
(pats his complete works of Shakespeare)

Babar

(References his Complete Works of Shakespeare)

In this Post-Apocalyptic period, Humanity has divided into 2 strains: Montagues, who are human-elemental hybrids, and Capulets, who can morph into animals. They are constantly fighting with each other. However, one man and woman step forward, willing to bridge the gap:

The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Akumayo

"Power is not a means - it is an end."

nihilyst

Will(iam) Shakespeare survive World War III? Yes, as you may see:

cheers
nihilyst

viktor

A bugs life  8) I tried to make a whole story about it but sorta figured i wouldn't have enough space. So this is kinda crappy...
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

JimmyShelter

Nice comic Victor, but quit a lot spelling errors... Try using www.dictionary.com if you're not sure about how something is spelled.

The comic looks pro, but the errors detract from that.

viktor

yeah. I've been told that millions of times. But I always seem to be to lazzy to do that (like now)...
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

Helm

hehe old unrelated-to-contest page. Not really entering, just thought it funny that i had made a comic with that premise already.
WINTERKILL

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Heh. Romeo and "Julia"?

I kinda get that the last bit means they really commited the suicides written in the plays, but I don't really see what's happening, just what I think is two eyes and a lot of blood. If I saw, say, a dagger, I'd understand it better...
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Ashen

I think it's a rotten tomato being hurled at the stage, with the "good actors are hard to find" line.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Kneel. Now.

viktor

Quote from: Rui "Shodan" Pires (a divine AI) on Wed 25/01/2006 11:54:15
Heh. Romeo and "Julia"?

Jeah. I was wondering about that one myself. If you look at the book you'll notice that it's spelled Juliet. I used both becouse in my language it's transleted Julia. And the J is pronounced diferently. So I wasn't shure wich name to use.

And um... Yeah it's a tomato. Gues this comic isn't one of my best huh  :(
signature" border="0

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Hmmm... well, yeah. In the book it's spelled Juliet. And in all film versions. In fact, "Romeo and Juliet" is just about the most common phrase I've ever heard.

Funny, I never thought it'd sound different in another language. I mean, we don't translate, for instance, Mozart's "D. Giovanni" as "D. João". Ah well.

Kneel. Now.

Redwall

Quote from: Rui "Shodan" Pires (a divine AI) on Wed 25/01/2006 11:54:15I kinda get that the last bit means they really commited the suicides written in the plays, but I don't really see what's happening, just what I think is two eyes and a lot of blood. If I saw, say, a dagger, I'd understand it better...

Your idea would have been awesome, though, Rui.
aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

It appears that Shakespeare truly inspires greatness, for all of these entries are really, really good.

Helm- it's a shame you didn't include this as an entry, because it's fan-friggin-tastic.  I actually chuckled at the frown symbol in the Yorrick closeup.

Viktor-  Great work!  Your comic amused me, though it didn't get into the Shakespeare side of things until near
the end.

nihilyst- I really liked that you took a scene from Macbeth and played it out in a new way.

Babar-  I'm still surprised that you managed to fit so much into your comic, and the attention to detail
shows.

Babar's effort impressed me the most, so he is the winner!  RADIUM!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk