So long

Started by Rui 'Trovatore' Pires, Mon 20/02/2006 00:28:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Right-o, another "goodbye" thread. And one I didn't think I'd have to write, but write it I must. For a series of reasons I won't go into, I simply will not be coming back. I'd like to thank the community for existing, and thank CJ for it's wonderful tool.

Now, I could have just taken my leave silently. Probably would have been a good idea. But I want to leave everything in order, and that means finding replacements.

WEBSITE AND GAME ARCHIVE:

Soon after I write this, I'll PM Andail (1st mod off the top of my head) with the username and password for my Skimbleshanks archive - anyone who wants to take over it is free too. All files are hosted in a space donated by "spleen", so it'll be necessary to talk to him to acess the actual page's content.

As for the game archive, which is not totally up to date anymore anyway, talk to Fuzzpilz if you're interested in taking over. Somebody should. It's a good thing, too good to die.

PROJECTS I'M SKIPPING OUT ON:

First of all, I'm very sorry, Ginny, Fruittree, SpacePirateCaine, the "En Passant" team, Nikolas and Sanguinous Rex. I have to leave, and that's it. I really don't like to leave you like this, so here it is for everyone to know:

- Ginny, Fruittree and the rest of their team need a good dialog writer for their "Try Not to Breathe" project.

- SpacePirateCaine and the "En Passant" team need a programmer. I have the interface ready for both games, and they're very similar. For the source code, contact me (see the end of the post).

- Nikolas needs a programmer for the RPG he'll soon be working on.

- Sanguinous Rex, the one I'm most sorry to leave because I've only worked with him for less than a week, needs an enthusiastic programmer and fellow designer for a Zork I remake. I am ready to say, here and now, that with the right partner, he and his project can go far.

Once again, I'm sorry to all of you. And if you're reading this and you're not one of these people and you think you can help, please do. They are all worthwhile projects.

I won't be checking this thread (obviously), or any PMs. If, for any reason, anyone wants to contact me you can try MSN (I'm not likely to be there) or e-mail me at catsfan915@hotmail.com.

Ok, I hope I haven't forgotten anything. Ciao, everybody, and thanks for everything. Long days and pleasant nights.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Kweepa

What the...?
Damn!
:'(

Sorry to see you go. You were a voice of wisdom and reason around here.

(You shouldn't get so upset about not winning a FOREGO!)
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

LimpingFish

Bye. Sorry to see you go. :(
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Etcher Squared Games

Don't think you and I have gotten to know each other too well, but I think you've perhaps commented on my games...

But on other threads you've always had something very positive and constructive to say.  Definatly one of the more mature members here.  You'll be missed.
email: etcher2games@yahoo.com
forum: http://www.etcher2games.com/forums

Anyone want to make my website for free?

Neil Dnuma

I don't know you, but I've read a lot of your posts, and always felt you were one of the great personalities 'round this place.

Barbarian

Huh? Ã, ??? Ã, This makes no sense at all Rui. Why "pull a Yahtzee" and leave the community like this? You were one of the more active members around here and quite respected. And your "shimbleshanks" site was such a great resource for the AGS community at large. And the all the work you put into the various projects that you had a hand in was great.
Ã,  Ã, I've no idea what's the reasoning for you deciding to leave the AGS community, and I don't think you should leave like this (if it's because you feel you spend too much time with AGS and the community or have taken on too much workload with various projects or keeping your site(s) up-to-date, then simply cut it back some, but no need to leave altogether). But if leaving, if that's what you truely want, then so be it and good luck in whatever endevours you pursue. Ã, 
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Haddas

How DARE he do this when I'm listening to the Alfred J Kwak theme!. Not Brisby too :'( :'( :'(

Kinoko

Rui! No!! ;_; Why?!

I'm VERY sad to see you go, but ... I guess you must have good reasons. I hope for whatever reason you're leaving, it all works out okay.

*cry*

Gregjazz

Oh no! Now who can I PM late at night when I have scripting problems?? :'(

Afflict

MMM kewl good luck man in whatever you are of to do, or for whatever reason yo uare leaving the AGS world.
Thanks again for the Garfield link!

Cheerz.

Blackthorne

I have to say I'm surprised.  I always looked forward to Rui's writings, his wit and wisdom.  I've used several of his modules and visted Skimbleshanks many times. 

This is an AGS member worth having around.  It's a shame.

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Bluke4x4

Wow. I.. Wow. Bye.

I thank you for your skimbleshanks, and... dang, this is quite a shock. I don't even remember offhandedly replying to one of your posts, but somehow I'm really devastated.

The forums will miss you.

Phemar

Well, Bluke said it all ^.

I mean, this is quite a shock!!!

You'll be missed, RUI.

BTW, I don't really want to TAKE over skimbleshanks, but you wouldn't mind if I mirrored everything on my website?

Vince Twelve

No way!

Rui... dude...  I'm sure your reasons are good, but... dude...

Sorry to see you go.  It's a big loss for the community.

Helm

Bye bye Rui. Thanks for your work with game archives and the like. More than once you've mirrored games I was too lazy to keep up myself, and that was nice of you. Usually your posts made sense too. Long days and pleasant nights yourself.
WINTERKILL

Nikolas

WOW!

I sure hope you have your reasons...

Whatever, I respect them, and I respect your dicision. And as I feel I know you a little, I know that you won't be coming back easily...

Thanks for everything.

All the forums will miss you.

Bye bye...

PS. I will try to find him in MSN. Hoping... just hoping...

Tuomas

Bye then Rui my man, say hello to me when you get back ^_^/

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Wait, didn't he say he wouldn't be checking this thread?  Might want to relay your thoughts to him via msn or email.

visy (the guy who made Lassi Quest)

bye bye, you had some good things, even if you were a furry.
Still working on 8-bit stuff, mostly NES and Atari 2600:
http://oldskool.wamma.fi

Mr Flibble

I can't believe that such a hallowed vet is leaving.

Rui is one of the friendliest faces around here, made even a "non-ezboarder" feel totally welcome in the fold.

You'll be sorely missed.
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk