Reaction III v0.1 (non-adventure)

Started by nihilyst, Sat 11/03/2006 13:34:35

Previous topic - Next topic

nihilyst

Hi, there!

I had a boring day yesterday, so I decided to make a little reaction and coordination game and, besides, my first self-made AGS game ever.

Here is a screenshot:

In Reaction III you have to steer The Grey Dot to the exit, while you have to press the keys that are framed on the GUI on the left. You can play the game in three difficulties.

There are only three levels yet, but I'll certainly do more. If you want to see your own levels and your name in the game, just send me a PM or mail, and I'll tell you how to do it.

You can download the game HERE.
*  BUGFIX: fixed the "move-when-paused"-bug
**BUGFIX: fixed the multiplier-bug in "hard" mode

EDIT: Oh, and I wanted to apologise, if I'm wrong here in the completed games board. I have just noticed, that "complete" might the wrong term to describe Reaction III.

cheers
nihilyst

Nikolas

The grey ball is going too fast. And it is difficult.

But it's a very good idea and it is executed well, I give you that. I was really annoyed as I couldn't pass even the first labyrinth... >:(

nihilyst

Hm, I could beat it without having problems on "normal" mode. Could it be, that the ball is moving with different speeds on different machines?

cheers
nihilyst

Nikolas

It's not imposibble but it is hard. I reckon... I'll try again. I want to beat it!

Okay! Went to level 2. WOW!

It is realy interesting... Well done!

DoorKnobHandle

I managed to beat the first stage but I couldn't press any buttons at the same time. It's definately a nice concept but seriously quite hard. Nice work nonetheless, I know there are people that are really good at those reaction-games and they will enjoy your game, I'm sure. Did you know that you can still move while having the game paused though? I used this and that the ball stops after a pause extensively but still failed to finish the second level (first I thought there was no exit, but then I discovered it scrolled).

Overall nice, but too hard for my taste. Maybe it will be easier after a little practising.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. And I liked the...

Spoiler
... math question in level 2...
[close]

... quite a lot. But I had to pause it to concentrate and then answer.

nihilyst

QuoteDid you know that you can still move while having the game paused though?

No, I didn't. That's a bug; it will be fixed in the next version. Thanks for that.
EDIT: It's fixed now.

That the ball doesn't move after returning from pausemode is intended. But it's not meant to be some kind of "cheat". It's, for example, when you have to pause and go away, that you don't need to remember, in which direction the ball was moving.

But one could use it as a helping device, though.

cheers
nihilyst

Nikolas

An idea to gain points is this:

Spoiler
Find a big straight empty space and start going back and forth. This way there is no way to crash and you can concetrate on the rectangles!
[close]

I'm at level 3 now!

nihilyst

I spotted a problem with the multiplier in "hard"-mode. It multiplied a bit too much. Will get that fixed, too.
EDIT: And that, too, is fixed.

scourge

Looks great! Downloading ...

edit

Completed it. Great concept, i really liked it. The thing Nikolas mentioned ('the cheat') i also found that and maybe a timer could fix something like that? So you're pressed for time. Or would that make it too difficult?
Anyways I liked everything about it. really good stuff :)

Mordalles

cool game. scored 4525 on easy without stopping. hehe. edit: and 15440 on hard.  ;D

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk