Background Blitz - The Great Gates (21.3. to 2.4.)

Started by Sektor 13, Tue 21/03/2006 17:21:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Sektor 13

I have shortened a competition a bit, as nobody gives anything new in the last couple of days, so it is "only" 10 day long :).

Ok

The main theme is a great passage, gates, narrow passage to a cave or castle, something that has a enter point ... hope you get it :)
------------------------------
*max res is 320x240
*and no paintovers  ;D
-----------------------------
Examples:

Voting will be from 2.4. to 4.4. 2006 :)

Enjoy.

nihilyst

Sektor, can you read minds? If I had won the last BG Blitz, the topic I had chosen for the new one would have been something like "Special Doors" or "Gates". Be sure I'll enter  ;D

cheers
nihilyst

Sektor 13

Quote from: nihilyst on Tue 21/03/2006 17:27:27
Sektor, can you read minds? If I had won the last BG Blitz, the topic I had chosen for the new one would have been something like "Special Doors" or "Gates". Be sure I'll enter  ;D

cheers
nihilyst

Hehe :) , I am looking forward to see your background.

Mordalles

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

biothlebop

Squeezing through a narrow archway you enter a larger room that appears to be the nexus of this place.
Strangely the gate before you resembles a human figure enclosed in jade-like stone.
Upon closer inspection, it bears some resemblence to your father.
About to touch it, it speaks out.
- John. Open your third eye.
The voice dies and silence surrounds you. You begin to doubt that it ever spoke.
>
Hell is like Tetris, make sure that you fit.

lo_res_man

Great trippin' LSD! that is one WACKED backround! :o
UBER cool though! ;D
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

nihilyst

Here we go again.

The Gates of Ollinor, entrance to the Grey Land. Some say, that the Stone Serpent comes to life, when a human being, not possessed by the spirits of evil, tries to open the gate. Are you sinister enough to pass the Gates of Ollinor?

cheers
nihilyst

P.S. Seems that I'm fond of dark backgrounds. I should try doing lighter scenes. Ah, and if you want to see all the dark outlines, it's recommended that you don't have the blue background of the AGS forum around it. Try putting it on a dark grey background.

Sektor 13

Mordalles

Bartimaeus

Dude, what's confusing about that?
Don't open a picture in Photoshop and paint over it to make it look like your own.
~The more adventures I go on, the more sand I get in my shoes

Mordalles

Quote from: Bartimaeus on Wed 22/03/2006 20:26:35
Dude, what's confusing about that?
Don't open a picture in Photoshop and paint over it to make it look like your own.

you're confused with what im confused with.

Bartimaeus

~The more adventures I go on, the more sand I get in my shoes

biothlebop

Hell is like Tetris, make sure that you fit.

Sektor 13

ok i don't want to be rude, but this is BACKGROUND COMPETITION after all, not a small talk show :).

MarVelo

I think what everyone is trying to say is that it is an insult that we should have to remind anyone that paintovers are not allowed. But in light of resent entries it is sadly nesessary.

Biothlebop: reminds me of the keystone from The Seventh Tower.

Sektor 13

I posted a smiley in the end of that line, to be kind of a joke too..

Privateer Puddin'

Hello. Meant to be looking out from a cave.

I wanted an explorer looking in, something like this : http://custardsclutter.com/redrockexplorer.png

He-Man

Hi.
Here's the entrence to the evil dragon's cave or something like that:

It's going to be used in my upcomming game Silent Knight 3. If I ever manage to finish it...

nihilyst

That's nice, He-Man! Could it be, that I've seen it before on the C&C?

cheers
nihilyst

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk