Voice/FX Competition (6th to 19th of April) // WINNER ANNOUNCED

Started by nihilyst, Thu 06/04/2006 15:09:22

Previous topic - Next topic

nihilyst

This time we have following topic:

The Showdown

It's appreciated, if you could entertain us with a little more than your voices. Try to put in sound effects and ambient sounds as well (these can be either synthesized, recordings you found on the internet, or you can make them yourself, or however else you can make sound effects). For those, who don't know how to do stuff like that, the sound effects are NOT A MUST.

1: Do you want to whisper your last prayer?
2: I wouldn't be so self-confident in my hour of death.
1: If I can see your finger moving towards the trigger, you're dead.

(voice-over): There it was: the final moment. My perception was sharpened, my eyes narrowed. I could feel him tremble. It sounded like an earthquake in my mind. I was tired.

(A helicopter arrives.)

3(shouting through a megaphone): This is the police. You're under arrest. Drop your weapons and raise your hands!

(A thunder rolls.)

2(voice-over): I looked in the eyes of my enemy, and I realized he had the same thoughts. We both turned our revolvers on the police's helicopter ... and shot.

(4 gunshots.)
3(screaming): AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

(voice-over): The man stumbled into the helicopter and seemed to hit the pilot. The helicopter trembled in the air, lost altitude, crashed into a pillar of the platform and exploded.

(The helicopter crashes and explodes.)

1: Does that mean we're friends now?
2: Guess so. I always wanted a happy ending.

Everything in brackets should give you a clue on how to speak the line or what effect you could use.

Okay, if the topic is shit, tell me, and I'll come up with a new. I just wanted to see some effects, since they can besides of voices also make a game's atmosphere good.

The competitions will last to the 19th of April. I will choose a winner, then.

cheers
nihilyst

ManicMatt

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/The_Showdown.zip

Rather than use the sound effects disc I have lying around somewhere I figured it'd be more fun to use my voice for the noises!

nihilyst

That's hilarious, Matt! :o The best so far  ;)

Obi

ManicMatt

Loki

wow! obi, your voice is awesome! nice one!

l.
~ Dont Shoot! I'm with the science team... ~

Loki

~ Dont Shoot! I'm with the science team... ~

nihilyst

Nice ones, Obi and Loki. It'll be hard to decide a winner.

Psych0F0x

please wait for me to post my entry ^_^ thanks
Project currently in development: "The Outhouse"
Namus (my band) http://www.namusrock.com/

nihilyst

Okay ... I'll wait. But don't take too long ^^

Psych0F0x

Project currently in development: "The Outhouse"
Namus (my band) http://www.namusrock.com/

nihilyst

Okay, it's over.

ManicMatt: Your entry was really hilarious, and it reminded me of some recordings in my childhood. Your voice-acting was cool, and the effects were, although they were made by voice, very good.

Obi: The Max Payne music, that fits this scenery very well, combined with your Max Payne like voice was really a cool experience. The sound effects were also good, but unfortunately music and effects were not too well mixed, so that I often couldn't hear the voice properly.

Loki: Your choice of music (it was from Silent Hill 2, I think) gave the entry a dramatic touch. Your voice acting was good, and the sound effects were great also; I liked the idea of the helicopters voice being some kind of robotic.

Psch0F0x: You used the sound effects best, and I liked the way you spoke the policeman. I, however, didn't get the showdown or platform feeling I got when hearing the other entries.

Picking out a winner really wasn't easy, since I liked all the four entries. Considering all the good and bad things of each entry, I choose Loki as the winner. So, Loki, go on with the next.

Since all entries were really cool, I encourage people to participate in the voice compo, so that we can have more entries.

cheers
nihilyst

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk