Animation Competition 4/10 to 4/16 - Winner Anounced!

Started by Afflict, Sun 09/04/2006 18:57:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Afflict

Superheros & Villians

What can I say I am a comicbook freak so heres what i want.

I would like to see him change from his normal clothes into his superhero / villian suit.
and then using a super power on either himself , something or someone...

Some ideas

* Show him beating the living crap out of his nemesis
* fighting in mid air... etc.

BONUS

* Special FX
* background animation
* Catchy looking outfits! ;)
* Awesome fight scenes!

Edit : Changed the sprite...

Peder 🚀

sounds interesting!!, umm, I just got one question, know about a free "animation" program? where I can save the animation as .gif?

I might enter...

Kinoko

I'm sorry for posting without an entry, but I want to point out two things:

1. Awesome comp idea!
2. The thread title is spelt wrong.

Stefano

Maybe you're supposed to smoke pot to join this competition.
Just kidding! Sorry Afflict. Couldn't resist.  ;D
Trying to make my first AGS game.

Afflict

It was an evil plot to get more people to enter ;)

thanks guys and thanks kinoko!

Glad you guys enjoy the topic :)

Changed the sprite... Had to be my own not progz's paint over.
But maybe not all bad the sprite is less complicated now should
be easier to animate.

Have Fun!!!

Gilbert

But since I bet it's possible that someone had started working on it already, I think it's okay to accept entries using your original sprite or ProgZ's edit right?

Saberteeth

Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Mon 10/04/2006 00:54:48
sounds interesting!!, umm, I just got one question, know about a free "animation" program? where I can save the animation as .gif?
Me too! I'd enter if there was a good animation program! ^^

Tiki

I've already started one with Progz's, so I'll just continue with it anyway.

Hammerite

can you make .gifs in Flash? i tried once but it was jus a static image.
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Afflict

Quote from: Saberteeth on Mon 10/04/2006 14:52:22
Me too! I'd enter if there was a good animation program! ^^

LoL, there are many good animation programs. Some are not free ^_^
However there are a couple...

Pro Motion - trial version (30 days then some functions expire)
http://www.brothersoft.com/graphics_design/image_editors/pro_motion_8951.html

The gimp - freeware
http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/mmedia/FreePhotoshopAlternatives.html

To the guys that started well mmÃ,  I'm sure Progz wont be too upset. Sorry my bad :(

Good luck on all entries !!!

PS yeah flash works you probably didnt publish into a Gif and just saved as... Am I right :)

edit heres top 20 freeware animators :)

http://www.canadiancontent.net/tech/download/Pro_Motion.html

Haddas

Google for unFREEZ.

TINY app that let's you animate gif images. (drag and drop the frames)

Peder 🚀

Thanks for programs.. now I just gotta finnish of with another comp first, then Ill get started on this one ;D

Koporaal

Peder 🚀

I was gonna make this AWESOME and BEST EVER animation!! ;D
but I found out right away that I wouldent be able to..
SO!

I started making something, and it ended wierd..... and I not really patient with stuff like this, so.. I could have used more time but I decided not to :-\

here it is anyway:

hope it will make someone laugh (cause its SO BAD!!) :P

Anym

Here's my entry, based on ProgZmax' version of the sprite. Mabye I'll add a version with a background later, if time permits. His name is PURPLE HEART.

Identity: Secret
Legal status: Citizen of Canada with no criminal record
Place of Birth: Buffalo, New York
Marital Status: Single

Known superhuman powers: Purple Heart posses superhuman strength enabling him to lift (press) approximately three tons under optimal conditions. He has a superhumanly acute visual sense and is able to see in the unltra-violet spectrum. He is also able to emit light with short wavelengths, from blue over puple to ultra-violet light, from his skin, allowing him, among other things, to disinfect drinking water and cause sunburns.

History: After an accident due to a power surge at his local solarium, sunbed-afficionado John Kerrigan discovered that not only his tanned skin had permanently been bleached to a lighter shade, but also that his body was now able to give off previously absorbed light in addition to several other benefits. Thus, he gave up his night-time hobby of developing adventure games in favour of keeping Toronto's low crime rate low, while keeping his day job wokring in the movie industry to keep up appearances. On his third night of crimefighting, he already met the man who would become his nemesis, David Shatner, who has also been the victim of a similar power surge induced accident, although at a less silly location, and had turned to a life of crime under the name of Nearly Invisible Mighty Red-Eyed Dave, or Nimred. Unbeknownst to both of them, the power surges and resulting mutations across the world were deliberately caused by an alien race in an attempt to prepare earth against an invasion by an entirely different alien race in a conflcit that would ultimately become known as the Infinite Nightwatch Wars in the Zero Secret Kingdoms of Ragnarök.

Oh, and if someone just needs something to assemble finished frames into an animation, I suggest Gif Assembler; no download necessary! :)
I look just like Bobbin Threadbare.

Tomas

I don't think I'll have time to finish this, so I'll just post what I have so far. This is an unfinished version of him changing into his superhero clothes. I haven't had time to start working on the animation of him using his superpower or add a background or do any other spiffy stuff.

It's based on ProgZmax's version of the sprite as I started working on this before you changed it...

(2x)

Afflict

Saberteeth

NAME: John McFreitz
SPECIAL POWERS: Ice energy, power over the north and south pole
SHORT BIO: John McFritz is a young boy born in 1923 who was one of the main scientists in the German war. He was the one who introduced the idea of a computer, which later became Z1,2 and 3. In a frackish liquid oxygen accident he magicaly survived and was granted the power of ice... since in the beggining he couldn't control his power and was changing rappidly in a few hours, he created a device that helped him control the powers. When his wife died of cancer, he woved to revenge the death of his loved one. So he hunted down the main doctor and tore his head off his soulders...

Hmmm, another crappy entry by me. I hope someone likes it.

Oh and this is a BAD superhero, not a good one :P

EDIT: Hmmm, i'm the only one who used the new sprite lol

Afflict

Well 2 more days left guys... Thanks for all the guys entering heres some motivation?

The animation throphy for the winner!

Stefano

I'm working on an AGS project right now and I lack animation skills. What could be more of a perfect oportunity to train? I'll hop in...  ;)
Trying to make my first AGS game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk