Sprite Jam 30-6May - Werecreatures

Started by Mordalles, Sun 30/04/2006 21:30:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Mordalles

Most of us know about werewolves, werebears (diablo fanatics like me) and wererabbits.

Now make a sprite of any werecreature you can imagine (land, sea or air), or do one of the ones mentioned above.

Restrictions:
no more than 32 colours
size: 150x150 (upper limit)

hope the topic is alright, and atleast one person enters.Ã,  ;D

edit: sorry if it wasnt clear.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Krysis

Size doesn't matter. :P
EDIT: Here is my entry.
Ã,  Ã,  2XÃ, 

"I love the stench of wererats in the morning."

skw

Congratulations, Mordalles!

---
My belated entry (?):

3x

Ãœberhyena. Sorry, due to fact I'm writing the exams for the whole May, I don't have the time to finish it.
a.k.a. johnnyspade

Afflict

Enter whatever you want, the point is everybody has a unique style and by making it higher some more high res people can enter.. not all the high res entries won the prior jam...

Edit

heres my beta entry version 1

btw its a were alien...

Privateer Puddin'

Here's mine, sorry for these not very good entries :P

WereRobot and how it looks after battle

84 x 142

Las Naranjas

A Wereman.

Eytmology and tautology are fun.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

buloght

You've heard of werewolves and werebears and even wererabbits, but here in Africa we have werelions. We live in constant fear. They appear during african sunsets.

150x150, 13 colours
drawn originally entirely by me, deal with it.   ;D

(3x)

Anym

I'm not sure if I understand the topic correctly. To me, a werewolf is a person that changes into a (normal) wolf from time to time. So, unless I draw the sprite during the actual shape-shifting (something that should probably done with animation rather than a static sprite), it would simply look like an ordinary human or an ordinary animal. Or are we supposed to draw anthropomorphic animals? And if that is the case, is there a distincition between "werecreatures" and "furries" I should be aware of?
I look just like Bobbin Threadbare.

pslim

To Anym: Mordalles is the last word since it's his theme, but my understanding based on the etymology (so aptly seized upon by Las Naranjas) is that any sort of combination of a human and a creature would be acceptable. "Were" just means "man", so "werewolf" means man-wolf, "werebear" means man-bear, and "wereman" is of course a man-man (though Las Naranjas' sprite doesn't look nearly manly enough to warrant such a categorizationÃ,  :=).

That a man-wolf might be something different to you than it is to someone else doesn't seem to be a problem, in my estimation, though if Mordalles says it's a problem then it is. ;)

Oh, and here's my entry:

x2

Were-Pink-Panther

Size: 104x142
Colors: 24

I'm not even sure if this qualifies, but I enjoyed making it and I thought the paradigm was looking a bit complacent.

Pet Terry

I drew a werething.

Now if someone could tell me what the hell is that thing?
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

calacver

Is that traced pslim? If so could you put a reference up?

WOWÃ,  :o krysis that is amazing!! I wish I was as good as you!

Mordalles

privateer, krysis, buloght and pslim all have the right idea of what i meant with "were".

werewolf = halfman halfwolf. atleast that what i meant.
sorry, i didnt go and research the word to get the specific meaning.

las naranjas, the sarcasm is duely noted.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Sektor 13

Buloght, that is just  :o  :o  :o , superb !

Afflict

Quote from: Petteri on Tue 02/05/2006 10:25:55
Now if someone could tell me what the hell is that thing?

Its a were bicep !!! OMG

your walking down the street and your arm turns into a were bicep your done for your own arm eats you alive!!!

Well thats what I think anyway. :)

Good sprites everyone and I especially like buloghts

biothlebop

Werealligator with alligator boots.
Hell is like Tetris, make sure that you fit.

Ubel

PH34R! The horrible, invincible, überpowerful: WEREMATCH!!

30x50
19 colors

...yeah.

pslim

Quote from: calacver on Tue 02/05/2006 11:39:23
Is that traced pslim? If so could you put a reference up?

It's heavily photoreferenced but not traced. I actually tried to trace the human body initially, thinking I couldn't possibly draw it, but when I squished it down I discovered that tracing what I thought were the outlines (which didn't turn out to be the outlines when I referenced the full size photo) looked awful.

The oriental shorthair (drool) I used is here:

The human I used for reference can't be posted here, I don't think, but I could PM it to you.Ã,  :=

My entry is not all that spritey, and I don't mind too much if it's disqualified on that account. It was fun to make and I like it (despite some glaring flaws) and I thought all those half-naked chicks that get posted needed some balancing out. ;)

MrColossal

"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

lo_res_man

Here is a post from the usual gang of idiots! (one of them anyway ;D)
As the full moon rises, Chris Jones gets up from his computer and becomes... the WERECUP :o!
It's BIG... It's BAD.... IT'S BLUE!!!

(who knew? ::))
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

pslim

Quote from: Pablo on Tue 02/05/2006 14:35:13
PH34R! The horrible, invincible, überpowerful: WEREMATCH!!

Strikingly, the infamous villain met his match sooner than anyone expected:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk