any open source games out there ?

Started by deftonesrule, Sun 21/05/2006 22:31:01

Previous topic - Next topic

deftonesrule

Id love to see a link to open source games for us guys just starting out!

if possible can someone send me a link to some open source games that will fuction properly in 2.71 ? the demo demo quest gives me errors about music folders and yadda ya ya.

im currently working on existance - the bankai incident.

thanks much !

Ashen

Wrong forum to ask for open source stuff I think, but I'll let it stand for the Demo Quest tech question.

Have you tried the Wiki Open Source Games Page? Not sure how many of them will work properly under 2.71, though.

What exactly are the "errors about music folders and yadda ya ya" in Demo Quest (and which version are you using)? AFAIK, there should just be a warning that some files are being moved (because of the new Music folder), and then it should work OK.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

deftonesrule

i deleted it ashan sorry, but i remember it being an error about the musicand sounds, then the script editor would pop up and i wouldnt be able to test it.

aside from that some of the games on the open source list wont load for me either, i cant save because of random errors like unused token ?

who knows...

Scummbuddy

Right, it is as he said, they are not made to work with the latest version of AGS.

Check out to see if this thread gets updated with a new link. (past my post)
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=19934.0

They'll get you an older version, I suggest 2.62, to work with your files.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Ashen

The AGS Version History is also linked in the Read Before Posting thread, under 'Utilities and Other Neat Stuff'.

deftonesrule:
Could you post the actual error messages you get? It should be possible to get most of the open source games working under 2.71.
The script error in Demo Quest is likely to be because of the change to the String format in 2.71. To run DQ3 your best bet is probably V2.7, as it won't run under 2.62 - everything else on the Open Source Games list probably requires 2.62, though.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

SSH

Pixel Hunt was written in a 2.7 beta and should work with 2.71 if you disable the Strings option

deftonesrule

ehhh too much work.. id rather wait till someone decides to release another open source game written with the current editor while im a member of the ags community.

yes there various errors about how a string connot string to a string and lots of messy stuff that makes my eyes hurt. =(.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk