Sprite Jam 23.05-30.05 Steel Angels? (We have a winner!)

Started by Krysis, Tue 23/05/2006 21:48:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Krysis

Steel angels! OK, this one gives you some freedom doesn't it... Make something that could be called a steel angel. What exactly that is I am not sure so feel free to test your character creation skills. Could be an character, a vehicle, player, a villan, etc. I want to see is some good metal shine or feathers.

Restrictions:
80x80 pixels.
16 colours.
usefull in a GAME.
Must be made by you... for this sprite jam.
some metal, wings and/or cool stuff like that.

Steel Drummer

Very vague topic.. anyways, could I draw a plane that would be called the steel angel?
I'm composing the music for this game:

Krysis

Yup, If that is your best idea and you think it fits the requirements. This one is about originality - how can you incoroporate two little words into something good for a game and make sure people (me!) like it. It was either this topic or another Knights/Robots/Elves/Cowboys.
I want to see good ideas and good sprites.

yarooze

Knight-Robots?Ã,  ;D We have some in Animation Challenge! Flukeblake and Cpage made cool animation for them to... :)

just click the image:

But I don't think that you accept my robot - I've made it for AC not for SJ.. :(
It is a little bit bigger to... (since I can cut him)Ã,  :o

Ok. Here is my entry:

I've made a girlfriend for him. Punisher-Angel.

My Blog

skw

I have an idea, but probably will take it up after OROW.

[SPOT]
a.k.a. johnnyspade

Steel Drummer

I think it would be hard to draw a plane in that small of a size... I'll try though. when I enter sprite jams, I don't enter for the idea, I usually enter for the art.

skw

Wrong. With a good idea you can make an interesting sprite/stuff without too much artistic effort, but without it -- it always will be something that you throw out after one glance.

edit:

Quote from: yodaman11111 on Wed 24/05/2006 02:31:23
Are we allowed 2 entries? I remember a previous Sprite Jam where we could do that..

Make a GOOD ONE first, then ask for another.

[/offtopic]
a.k.a. johnnyspade

Play_Pretend

This is a joke.Ã,  This is only a joke. :)

Who says 15 minute breaks at work are useless? :)  I'll post a real one later.

Steel Drummer

Are we allowed 2 entries? I remember a previous Sprite Jam where we could do that..

Play_Pretend

I was just going to Modify over my old post.  This wasn't a real entry. :)

KristjanMan

- They are all from AGS coloringball

gameboy

Um... Guess I should have spent more time on it.
Oh well, it's here anyway:

Privateer Puddin'

Saberteeth

This is a katana, but for our hero Hirohitsu it is a 'Steel Angel' as this was a gift from the Gods. the weapon itself has a great legacy. It was wielded only by the greatest of warriors and it's power is amazing.

It's useful in a game as an inventory item. Howzzat for ya originality! ;)

R4L

I love weapons... so meet the Steel Angel!

3X

50X50 13 colors

Clip

Hello

2X

14+1 colours

He is statue of occopation. I mean he is pure evil (only he's looks might fool you).
How do use in game? For example: In game he will give you wrong directions or clues.

MashPotato

The steel angel: a rare species of butterfly whose delicate wings shine like thin sheets of metal.

Ã,  Ã,  x3

67x62, 9 colours (+ black)

I wanted to do something that was not actually made of steel! ^_^
How to use in a game: background scenery, or a quest that involves finding this elusive creature...

Mikko

Hello all!

It has been few years since I posted in forums and I think even a year that I last visited, but yesterday when I came back to look how things are I got this sudden urge to at least take part in SJ.

Let's see if I'll be around more on this summer and maybe even work for some games. Anyhow, it's delighting to see everything still up and running! This has always been a great community.

Now back to the topic. My steel angel:
100%
300%

80x80px, 15 colors + transparent.

Even though I don't think myself as a top-artist here's also a step-by-step progression:

Okay, okay. It has it's influences from Eurovision song contest winner Lordi (the demonic face), but that was part of my idea (steel angel->heavy metal, you see).

Wings and armor are steel, as clearly can be seen from the image, thus he is: The Steel Angel. ;)

Good luck all!

big brother

Cid Dethro: lead vocalist for the pop metal band, Steel Angel
This total poser wears his signature feather headress and steel boots to every concert.
9 colors
80x80, 2x zoom
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

Krysis

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk