Tune Contest: May 29th - June 5th

Started by Ghormak, Mon 29/05/2006 13:34:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghormak

In this week's battle, I'm going to steal and modify a topic from an earlier contest.

What if a game character had a TV show? Seriously, what if! Ask yourself that question and make a 30 second long (+/- 5 seconds or so) theme tune for this show!

Perhaps you'd like to write the theme to "Archaeology with Dr Jones"?
Or maybe the sitcom "That's My Guybrush"!
There's always educational shows, like "Roger Wilco's Cleaning Tips" and the series of instructional videos "Proper Police Conduct" by Sonny Bonds.

Or anything else! Go crazy!
Achtung Franz! The comic

PsychicHeart

Guybrush Threepwood meets James Bond.
Agent Threepwood
Picture a beautiful, serene beach...
Now picture armed deathsquads shooting wildly with AK-47's, uzi's, shotguns, berettas and rocket launchers.
Hehehe...
Cheers,
Fluke.
EDIT: Oh wait it's too short...
EDIT 2: Fixed it, it's the right length now.
Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

maaark

Quote from: TD244 on Mon 29/05/2006 19:30:17
Archeology with Dr Jones sounded like fun :D
31 secs

http://thedeath.sytes.net/Music/JGG-ArcheologyWithDrJones.mp3

TD244, I'm really curious, what sounds do you use?Ã,  ;)

Anyway, here is my entry. blah. I might make another... will the new one count or what are the rules?

Sobbing With Wally; a very very depressing talkshow about pirates who never really made it...

EDIT: if Lycos is bitching, download the file from here: http://members.lycos.nl/maaark/TuneContest/

Steel Drummer

I'm composing the music for this game:

maaark

Quote from: yodaman11111 on Tue 30/05/2006 17:40:53
31 secs

I believe he stole it off the internet.

I don't think so. He's a very talented musician... check his site.

Nikolas

Quote from: yodaman11111 on Tue 30/05/2006 17:40:53
I believe he stole it off the internet.
I really don't think so...

Would you like to base your post on something you actually know? Otherwise you could very well appologise to him.

I reserve this post for my entry (fingers crossed)

Gregjazz

Yeah, yodaman, check out his other posts with his musical creations. He writes some pretty incredible stuff!

Tomas

31 secs

Great little piece! But this wasn't made just for this competition though, was it? It was on your site before this contest started...

To make this post less useless, save this spot for me - I might consider entering this one.

Nikolas

Last time I checked his site it was not there...

Dunno...

Of course 30secs of orchetsral music, does not take a week to write, but of course the fact that he posted his entry the same (or the next) day means that he probably had written it before hand.

but last time  Ichecked it is not against the rules, actually I have also posted work written beforehand. more than once. Correct me if I"m wrong.

TD244

Nope it wasn't stolen. I can put an mp3 with only the brass or only the woodwinds or whatever you wish :)
Yes, it was made beforehand, but since some people posted works made beforehand too I don't think it is such a crime :)

Steel Drummer

Sorry for jumping to conclusions. Do you actually have a whole orchestra that you can do that with, or what? Do you have to pay them?
I'm composing the music for this game:

maaark

He has a whole orchestra tied up in his basement  :P

PsychicHeart

Quote from: yodaman11111 on Wed 31/05/2006 00:13:37
Sorry for jumping to conclusions. Do you actually have a whole orchestra that you can do that with, or what? Do you have to pay them?
Also, he only allows them to eat through leftovers.
Through the cracks in the ceiling.
With straws.
TD244, so evil, so evil.
Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

TD244

Quote from: Flukeblake on Wed 31/05/2006 06:36:10
Quote from: yodaman11111 on Wed 31/05/2006 00:13:37
Also, he only allows them to eat through leftovers.
Through the cracks in the ceiling.
With straws.
TD244, so evil, so evil.

Unfortunately due to their poor living conditions sometimes they perform so badly that it sounds like samples :(

maaark

Tomas

My entry:

Microgroggery with Guybrush Threepwood

I wanted to record the rhythm guitar live and play the melody on electric guitar, but due to technical difficulties and too little time I had to go with this (horrible) 100% sampled version instead.

Gregjazz

Sounds like maybe EWQL Symphonic Orchestra?

Nikolas

If we're talking about TD244 then no it's not EWQL libraries. It is Dan Dean and Sonic Implants (if not mistaken). But of course he can confirm all this.

And actually I prefer the basement-musicians-slaves-a little secual hurasment (MAJOR sp)-TD244 the slave master thing. mm

[Cameron]

Interior design with Alice
------------------
Anyone know somewhere that wont mess up audio when I upload it?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk