Comick Contest 1-6-06 - 16-6-06

Started by TheYak, Thu 01/06/2006 07:52:33

Previous topic - Next topic

TheYak

The last contest really was a great topic, I was looking forward to more entries. 

This time 'round, I'll just steal Anym's rules listing:
Basic rules:

* A theme for the competition will be given by the host (that would be me in this case)
    * Participants are required to create a comic (sequential art, i.e. at least two panels, otherwise it's a cartoon, not a comic) adhering to that theme
    * Participants are free to use any techinique for creating that comic
    * Each competition will last half a month
    * The host of each competition will decide on the winner who will also host the next competition

Noticing that the date is beginning to require quite a few 6's, I thought I'd pick a theme reflecting time in a sinister way.

The theme this time around is Diabolical Anachronisms:
Anachronism:  The representation of someone as existing or something as happening in other than chronological, proper, or historical order.

Feel free to interpret the diabolical aspect to imply whatever you like whether it be decidedly devilish or merely mischievous.

As the subject states, this one'll be going for around two weeks, ending at roughly midnight on Friday the 16th.

TheYak

Since there's no interest . . . any entry can run with it or just whoever has a good idea could start up the next.

Babar

I just noticed this competition today!
It seems very comic-worthy, but I'm racking my brains to come up with an idea. Don't put me down for a sure, but I will try to make something
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Squinky

Yeah man, I tried to come up with something....But beyond Hitler riding on a dinosaur I had nothing...

MrBen

Here you go, my entry.

I'll let you chew on that one.

Tom S. Fox

Here's my entry:

I hope it's not breaking any rules!

Mikko

My last minute entry:

The anachronism isn't great, I apologize.

TheYak

Though I was amused by Mr. Ben's poking fun at my ambiguously arbitrary topic, TV's entry seemed the most in keeping with the theme (such as it was).  Not a shabby last minute submission though, Mikko.  Thanks for not leaving me all alone in this dark corner of the competition forum. 

It's yours, Thomas VoàŸ, run with it.

Tom S. Fox

How about that?
Seems, like I'm becoming the king of competitions!
This really does good for my low self-esteem!  ;)
Okay, let's see, what I can come up with...  :-\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk