Voice Competition- June 5-11th

Started by Steel Drummer, Mon 05/06/2006 22:19:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Drummer

THE POINTLESS WAR

The topic for this contest is "The Pointless War" (just as it is pointless for me to be writing this first sentence).

THE RULES: Follow the script.. and uh, yeah. You will also have a higher chance of winning if you do any of the following:Ã, 

1. Add some extra funny narration. Example: In the previous competition, the narration said (I think), "Bubba gets up from his chair" and Akumayo added "(that's a pretty hard task)". Things like that are allowed.

2. If you are able to do hilarious accents. Pretty self-explanatory.Ã, 

Here we go:Ã, 

Our cast of characters is this:

Hung Fu LouiÃ, 
Harpinder G. Potty
Fricko Magricko
The King

You start after here:

NARRATOR

One day, the king of England got mad so he declared war on Canada.

(the scene quickly fades out to the king)

KING

I'm mad!! I'm going to start attacking Canada! General, prepare the troops!!

NARRATOR

And so the king of England declared war on Canada. Doh! I already said that. Anyways...

(the scene fades to canada)

NARRATOR

A group of teenagers are standing around in a very miniscule Canadian town.

TEEN 1 (Fricko Magricko)

Hey, bros, you know, like what?

TEEN 2 (Hung Fu Loui)

What?

FRICKO

I like do believe that there are like soldiers coming towards us!

HARPINDER

I see them, I see them!Ã, 

LOUI

Great observation. Now you get one hundred dollars.

HARPINDER

Really?!!

LOUI

NO!!!!Ã, 

FRICKO

Alright, my hombres, let's like go to our garage and like get some sweet weapons.

NARRATOR

About one hour later, they finally get the weapons and return.

FRICKO

HARPINDER

Oh, how nice! They came all this way! We don't have to walk a long distance.

LOUI

Yeah, and now we have to fight faster.

FRICKO

Don't worry, homedudes! I saw like an excellent movie where they had to fight in it and they were really little and-

LOUI

They have guns!

FRICKO

Now, what was that movie called....

(Fricko randomly guesses names of a movie, you can improvise for this)

LOUI

Enough of this, moron! They are about ten feet away from us!

FRICKO

Oh no!Ã, 

NARRATOR

They draw their wooden sticks and start pounding the soldiers. Harpinder just stands there, commenting on the fighting.

HARPINDER

Quality, quality kill! Oh, that's going to hurt in the morning!

NARRATOR

Loui and Fricko fight valiantly against the brutally stupid soldiers, but it is of no avail. The soldiers knock Fricko and Loui unconscious. Harpinder runs home.Ã, 

RANDOM SOLDIER

Oh great, who do we kill now?

RANDOM SOLDIER #2

I don't know. Let's go home.

NARRATOR

Here ends our story. The valiant Fricko, Loui, and Harpinder were awarded the Nobel Prize. And now, kiddies, the moral is: Don't act irrationally!!Ã, 

RANDOM KID

What does "irrafionioni" mean?Ã, 

NARRATOR

Er... nothing. The end!
I'm composing the music for this game:

Steel Drummer

Since no one has entered, I'll have to make the contest a few days longer. If no one still doesn't enter, I'll start a new voice comp with a different topic.

ManicMatt

I'd enter.. but then I'd win and have to do another compo entry that you'll win by default and then you'd have to do the next compo entry that I'd win by default...

Tom S. Fox

If I manage to collect enough courage, I, too, would enter, but then I might win and then I'd have to come up with something new and I'm so unoriginal!

EDIT: You know what? I just went for it! It's completely stupid and emberassing and I kept in some, er, "ad-libbed" stuff in and it's my first time, so I don't know if I've done everything right, but even I found it dead funny when I was listening to it, so here goes:
http://www.filefactory.com/?4ff1ca

Oh, and about that hilarious german accent: it's real!Ã,  :P
@ManicMatt: Please join, so I'm not a lonely nut!!!Ã,  :(

Snowflake

Damn, I joined today and missed the deadline :(

Steel Drummer

I'm increasing the deadline to June 15th.

Steel Drummer

Quote from: Thomas VoàŸ on Mon 12/06/2006 18:45:20
If I manage to collect enough courage, I, too, would enter, but then I might win and then I'd have to come up with something new and I'm so unoriginal!

EDIT: You know what? I just went for it! It's completely stupid and emberassing and I kept in some, er, "ad-libbed" stuff in and it's my first time, so I don't know if I've done everything right, but even I found it dead funny when I was listening to it, so here goes:
http://www.filefactory.com/?4ff1ca

Oh, and about that hilarious german accent: it's real!Ã,  :P
@ManicMatt: Please join, so I'm not a lonely nut!!!Ã,  :(

Sorry Thomas, I can't access your file. I went to the page but nothing came up  ???

Tom S. Fox

Well, there is a waiting time.
When it ran out, click on the "free download links", then on "Click here to download".
The download should then start automatically.

Steel Drummer

I downloaded it... nice voice acting  8) especially the adlibs! It was hilarious.

Tom S. Fox

*gg* I'm glad, you liked it!
I was afraid, it would be totally emberassing.
Well, I guess it was, but well...
Maybe I should join more often...
Anybode else care to join?
It would be boring without competition!

ManicMatt

I was ALMOST going to, but the sheer amount of different characters that I'd have to remember the voices for was too much for my miniscule brain to cope with, so i got annoyed and didn't bother. Much like everything else creational I've attempted to do recently.

Oh and the download wouldn't download. :(

Steel Drummer

Alright, by the end of today, if no one enters (or proposes to enter by June 15), then this contest is officially over and Thomas wins.

Tom S. Fox

Quote from: ManicMatt on Tue 13/06/2006 21:18:07
Oh and the download wouldn't download. :(
BLAST!
I changed to a sipmler one-click-hoster:
Click!

Please, try it again!Ã,  :D

ManicMatt

Ze Powerpuff girls!

Haha funny! I'm keeping this file incase I ever want a character in a game of mine to have a german accent, it'll be a reference!

Steel Drummer

It also added to the funnyness that all the characters were german accents- even the british, east indian, and chinese guys!

Venus

I just listenend to your version, Thomas. Man, that was hilarious and quite cute in a dusturbing sort of way  ;). Even if you had had a competitor you would have been the winner for me. I especially liked the 'Leck mich am Arsch' part  ;D. It completely made my day. Danke schön  ;D

Steel Drummer

well it looks like thomas is going to win. I have a feeling no one else is going to enter. In that case, you better get to work on the next competition's theme, thomas.

Tom S. Fox

Quote from: ManicMatt on Wed 14/06/2006 15:13:42
Ze Powerpuff girls!

Haha funny! I'm keeping this file incase I ever want a character in a game of mine to have a german accent, it'll be a reference!
Hell, yes, I'd feel honoured!

Quote from: yodaman11111 on Wed 14/06/2006 17:21:27
It also added to the funnyness that all the characters were german accents- even the british, east indian, and chinese guys!
Yeah, yeah, I didn't want to, but it's my natural accent!
...wait, there was an east indian guy?!?
And I thought, the chinese guy would be a japanese guy. (I just can't tell one from the other!)
I tried to give him a japanese accent, but it's god-awful! Sorry for that!

Quote from: Venus on Wed 14/06/2006 17:42:48
I just listenend to your version, Thomas. Man, that was hilarious and quite cute in a dusturbing sort of way ;).
Err... thank you?

Quote from: Venus on Wed 14/06/2006 17:42:48
Even if you had had a competitor you would have been the winner for me. I especially liked the 'Leck mich am Arsch' part ;D. It completely made my day. Danke schön ;D
Haha, you speak german? Are you even german?
Gern geschehen!

Quote from: yodaman11111 on Wed 14/06/2006 17:46:30
well it looks like thomas is going to win. I have a feeling no one else is going to enter. In that case, you better get to work on the next competition's theme, thomas.
Okay, I hope I will manage that...Ã,  :o
Well, I was hoping to make you laugh, and I magaged it! Yay for me!  ;D

Steel Drummer

Quote from: Thomas VoàŸ on Wed 14/06/2006 17:50:51
...wait, there was an east indian guy?!?
And I thought, the chinese guy would be a japanese guy. (I just

Yes, harpinder G. Potty is indian.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk