Trilby's Notes

Started by , Mon 26/06/2006 00:40:28

Previous topic - Next topic

RedBlob

Really excellent. Best AGS game I've played yet! 

Pet Terry

I just finished playing this one. Overall I quite liked it.

I found the story interesting, but then again I'm a horror freak so. But stretching the storyline going over centuries worked fine in my opinion. The gray scale flashbacks were a great idea!

The parser worked fine in my opinion, but that's because I quite like parsers WHEN THEY ARE WELL DESIGNED. I think there were a couple of parts where the parser could have been implemented better, like KICK TALL MAN not working, had to use KICK DEMON instead. That's just stupid, don't know if it was intentional or not. Probably not.

Tall Man is one of the coolest horror characters ever, up in the same group with Freddy Krueger, Djinn, Pinhead etc.

I liked the music, but I thought some of the tunes didn't really fit. Some of them were just too cheery (like the introduction music, IIRC) and didn't really create the Yahtzee atmosphere (TM) I was expecting. Some tracks, on the other hand, worked very well. And of course I would have recognized the composer immediately if I didn't know who it was. I could recognize your style miles away, m0ds. :P

I didn't like the final puzzle. It made sense and it was even hinted what you'd have to do (I actually considered that solution about halfway through the cut scene before the puzzle) but... somehow it just felt plain stupid! Looking back now, what else you could have possibly done in that situation though? Maybe it's just the aftermath that doesn't really make any sense. Go figure.

I quite liked the graphics, lots of detail and simple yet very effective style. Lots of animation, I love. The stairwell room was quite annoying though, it looked very bland and walking up-/downwards was very slow. Also, the hotel exterior scenes were a bit boring and bland. I can understand someone not wanting to spend too much time on something that isn't important story wise, though.

I believe I had something else on my heart but... I can't remember what it was. But I enjoyed experiencing the story and am looking forward to playing the final chapter in the quadrilogy. Over and out.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

MYKAYEL

POSSIBLE SPOILERS:

I'm a big fan of both 5 DAYS A STRANGER and 7 DAYS A SKEPTIC. I just started playing this game. I have to admit I'm not disappointed. The game is awesome, alto I have 2 questions for Yahtzee:
Spoiler

1. Is the 'phantom/devil' of this game influenced from Hellraiser? Because I have to admit, it does look like 'The Engineer' from HellRaiser 5.
2. Are you a Silent Hill fan? Because the whole alternate hotel thing reminds me a lot of Alternate Silent Hill, not to mention the body nailed to the door, or at the bar 'demon staring at you thing' (btw, can I get him to notice the fact that THAT THING is at the window?)
[close]
Anyway, GREAT WORK, can't wait to finish it and play 6 DAYS A SACRIFICE :D Looking forward to more cool games from you (and the text parser thing is a great idea, the only annoying thing is the fact that you have to TAP the same key again in order to stop :P oh well, guess I will just have to live with it)

TheCheese33

Yes, Yahtzee has played the Silent Hill games. In fact, he pitted the main characters from the four games against each other! I agree that it is an obvious inspiration.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
need...More...WOUND!

auriond

The main characters from the four games? How so?

Maverick

Just played it and I have to agree that this is one of the best AGS games I've played so far.

Picked up a bug in the display room where you talk to the guy about the unicorn. Trilby could walk through the prof as if he wasn't there.

Great Game!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk