Sprite Jam: 8/1-8/8: Where's Waldo?

Started by The Ivy, Tue 01/08/2006 21:24:20

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ivy

The subject of this Sprite Jam is Where's Waldo.Ã,  We all know that Waldo is a master of disguise...your task is to draw a sprite of him in his next unlikely situation.Ã,  Your sprite can be any character from the Waldo universe, including Odlaw, Wenda, Wizard Whitebeard, or Woof the dog.

Restrictions:

Max: 200 x 200
15 colours

Wikipedia tells me that this series is also known as "Where's Wally?",Ã,  "Ou est Charlie?", "Wo ist Walter?", etc. depending on which country you're in.

Well, go on, find him!

Krysis

http://waldo.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Characters

I don't know who he is, but I'm entering...

Hey, it is a sprite... or at least a portrait. And a cool avatar I guess.

deadsuperhero

Just slightly off topic here:
Where's Waldo?

Look very closely towards the center of the screen, and you'll find him...turn your volume up, when you click on him he says something... ::)

If you've been looking a minute or more, come back to this page and read this "helpful" hint.
Spoiler
Got you!
[close]
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Nacho

No... that flash animations doesn't "get" anyone now...  :P
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

deadsuperhero

I know. I was being sarcastic. It's always fun to scare 11 year old newbies that read this thread.  ;D

Gilbert

Lame attempt, especially in a irrevalent board, I had removed the url already.

Secret Fawful

I'm not sure if this is with the rules (it is Waldo in disguise after all) ???, but here. In order to avoid detection while having his picture taken at the airport security, Waldo has disguised himself as comedy legend Mel Brooks.  :o It's exactly 15 colors.

deadsuperhero

Nacho

Yes, it's good... but man, if we start like this "I know this week's topic is about painting mickey mouse, but this John Lennon actually IS Mickey Mouse disguised" this competition will lose all its credibility, IMHO... Sorry if I offend anybody, but I think 90% of people will think like I do.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

buloght

Odlaw disguised as Guybrush Threepwood, this time Wally won't see him coming in the Monkey Island world and he'll steal that magic walking stick yet. 90x100 13 + 1 colours.  :=

fred

"Where's Waldo" was actually pitched first time around as "Hide from Waldo!"Ã,  Never got past the editor's desk, and only this sketch escaped the shredder. It's a first page. Wally is on a rampage, destroying all the children's hiding places for the rest of the book.

not an entryÃ, Ã,  ::)

Afflict

I just want to say GREAT topic, its awesome!

I wish i have been around to enter. Regardless decalre a winner.
Wont have the time that i need to enter.

The Ivy

Hey guys, all the entries here were highly amusing.

Krysis, I liked the simplicity of yours, and you're right, it would make a good avatar.

Fawfulhasfury: That is indeed a very well-crafted sprite.  It doesn't really fit within the theme, unfortunately, but hang on to it in case you ever make Mel Brooks Quest (TM).

fred:  I like your idea!  I'd certainly buy your series of child-frightening books.  I'd definitely count yours as an entry.

Afflict: Aw, maybe next time.  And you can still send me that sprite, if you ever get around to making it. :-,

buloght: Top-notch work, as usual.  Not only is it technically well done, but it's also most what I was looking for in the theme.  I declare you the winner!

P.S. You had an unfair advantage; you've had a lot of practice with pirate sprites ;)

buloght

Thanks ivy!  :). I will start a new one right now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk