AGS Coloring Ball 07/9 - 15/9 [Winner Announced]

Started by Tocsik, Thu 07/09/2006 18:08:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Tocsik

What is this contest about:

An image is supplied, and entrants color. A general theme is given, but it is optional. The winner hosts the next AGS Coloring Ball.

This week's sprite:

This week's theme: Shields

Is it a family coat of arms, a dented blood stained veteran or endowed with mystical powers?

This week's rules:
-You can use up to 24 colors.
-You may change the design but I must still be able to tell it came from the original     shape

This week's prizes:
-trophies.
-The winner gets to host the next competition.

Good luck, lets see some awesome shields

Tuomas

What, I  didn't win! Most outrageous. Well, await for my entry for I shall win next itme. atm I'm a bit too drunk, but tomorrow I shall modify this entry aand produce an entry of some kind at some point, ok, great!

KristjanMan

I bring you the... Shield of History:

As the shield tells the story a nation was burned out from their home and they set sail for another land. After some days they found a beatiful place to live. For years they lived there and consturcted a mighty stone tower. From the tower they saw the same tribe who once destroyd their home. A war started.The barbarians lost and thei leader was killed and the nation had it's revenge.
- They are all from AGS coloringball

lilemX

Quote from: Tuomas on Thu 07/09/2006 20:02:13
What, IÃ,  didn't win! Most outrageous. Well, await for my entry for I shall win next itme. atm I'm a bit too drunk, but tomorrow I shall modify this entry aand produce an entry of some kind at some point, ok, great!

maybe this time you could use a pink background instead of black!!! ::) ;D

nihilyst

The Shield of Four Elements and Eleven Colours

cheers
nihilyst

rmullen

Shiney shield with a lion's head motiff.

3x

Enjoy!
A huggamatron trophy!

lilemX

x1

x2

this is the Heart families coat of arms thier moto is "an it harm none, do what ye will" (yes, yes they are a wiccan family!) and there love for nature is embeded on to their coat of arms. the owl on the tree stands for wise in the world! :)

Psych0F0x

O RLY? :P

Edited by mod: Please don't quote the whole post with large images, especially when it's just the last post before yours. Thank you.
Project currently in development: "The Outhouse"
Namus (my band) http://www.namusrock.com/

Shade

it's Link's shield from The Legend of Zelda!

SinSin

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/a1n2t3z4/agsshield-1.png

The AGS Family shield bearing the sacred big blue cup the mouse and brush of hope and the enchanted screen of green letters.
It has been dented due to the battle of change which started here
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=27959.0

Say no to changing roger they said
He is legend Forsooth neigh leave him be
Currently working on a project!

lilemX

psych0f0X.......was that oh really a "good" rly or a "bad" o rly
i dont know what to make of it!!! ::)

PsychicHeart

Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

SinSin

let the sarcasm rain down like the rain from the elemental shield
" Wait thats not rain"

R4L

SHADE  :o :o :o

I LOVE THAT!!!

lilemX

Quote from: Flukezy on Thu 07/09/2006 23:39:36
I think he was referring to this .

my god ur funny :P  but that doesnt really answer my question does it ::)
im a paranoid idiot  ;D

Phemar

Yeah it does. It was just a small reference to internet pop-culture ;)

You happened to draw an owl on your sheild, and there happened to be an internet phenomenon based on an owl and the term 'o rly', so Psychofox parodied the internet phenomenon by adding the term 'o rly' to your sheild. It wasn't a stab at you so don't worry about it.

btw, Shade, that looks really good ;) I never played any Zelda games but that sheild looks real neat!

Shade

well thanks :)
Link's shield is probably the only thing i can draw/paint so that it looks quiet good. :P

lilemX

thanx for explaining that to me haha

yeah i think shade is deffinatly gonna win this he deserves it ;D

Tuomas

That's a bit hasty, don't you think. There are a lot of good entries and 9 days to go... I'm not saying Shade's isn't very good, I'm just saying, please don't try to effect the judges thinking. Besides it's not critics lounge. Don't take this as I was acting like a moderator, I'm just a bit hang-over-ish 8)

lilemX

if i was trying to sway the desission dont u think id do that for my own ::) so to refrase yeah i think everyones entry is very good...so far... ;D and the clear favorite of a few people is shade so because of the comments it looks like he is goona win!!!

is that better
;)

SinSin

Trapho

Its The spider shield.

The shield gives +2 to saves against web..  :=

Im not to happy with the colours yet, so it might change if i have the time.

Palikka

Battle hardened shield of the Ogre Tooth Clan.

CoffeeBob

Uh, dunno if this entry really counts, as I've edited the shape of the shield quite a bit, but here goes. :P

It's the Proto Shield! :D

Tocsik

Almost time to announce some winners, If you were still planning on entering your runnig out of time. Also as there has been some concern about biasing do to posts I'm going to show my wife just the images (she already understands the process and rules) and let her pick. that way you can be assured that my choice wasn't biased by posts.

Illustrious

Right, well I started this sprite enthusiastically as soon as this AGS colouring ball contest started.

I had then re-read the specification and discovered I was heading down the wrong road and gave up...
As you can see I went for a more taxidermy route, not quite a shield but completly original. And I kept the shape of the shield!?

So I thought Id share it rather than not enter...
If you'll accept it as an entry, this is my entry.
If not, well I had fun doing it before I discovered the real wants within the guidance plan.

Great shields everyone!

x300

|| 24 colors ||

Tocsik

I must admit that part of the reason I wanted my wife to judge was that all the sheilds were really impresive and if I  could have given you all first I would have. But, alas, I made my wife pick just three.

Palikka 1st Place- shield of the sun
lilemX 2nd place- shield of the moon 
KristjanMan 3rd place- (excellent idea) shield of the stars

Illustrious- honourable mention - Impresive even if it didn't quite fit the theme.

take it away Palikka

Palikka

Yes! I win! I RULE! \o/ \\o o// \o/

Thanks Tocsiks wife :) New one coming up.

lilemX

KristjanMan

- They are all from AGS coloringball

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk