Animation Challenge 18.09-27.09 WINNER ANNOUNCED

Started by Neil Dnuma, Mon 18/09/2006 21:31:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Dnuma

This time around, the object is to make this guy:
3x
...enter and leave this room:

...in some creative way. The route is up to you. Have fun!

Tocsik

my first succesful attempt at animation. not very good perhaps, but here is the human cannon ball

i k a r i

Very nice =P

He should have missed the door and pass walking xD

Edited by mod: Please don't quote whole post with image, especially when it's just the post above yours. Thank you.
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Mikko

Finally I'm done! :)

1x 3x

I hope that you enjoy! This is an excellent topic, Neil.

I'm looking forward to other entrys.

nihilyst

Hehe, I had the same idea, Mikko ^^ Unfortunately I can't do anything related to animating. Good entries!

PsychicHeart

Hooray for alternate modes of transport.
Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

Coolio

Dum-de-dum...
Oh yeah my entry

I love that sprite! :=
mmmmm... sparkly

Sylvr

I would love to do this, but I have no idea how. Do you need a special program? (Sorry if this is considered spam)
| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

Coolio

SilverTrumpet: You'll need a program that can make animated gifs. I use ImageReady, but there are also a lot of free programs. I'm not an expert by any means, but I think a lot of people use The Gimp. You could also try checking the big list of paint programs in the critics lounge.
Hope this helped. :)
mmmmm... sparkly

Sylvr

Tuomas

What I find easiest is that I just draw all the frames and place them in the same folder, naming them like each other, but with for example numbers, lie pic1.png pic2.png etc etc... then I go to imageready and choose import and then folder as frames, and there you have it.

Sylvr

Yay! It's done! I know it goes fast, and I'll fix it if there's time. (Is that allowed? It's only my first entry. ;D)

Edit: (I hope that's okay..) I slowed it down and added another frame

Neil Dnuma

No problem, SilverTrumpet!

BTW, really good entries!

Anyone else planning on entering have 24 hours from now.

Darth Mandarb

I'm working on one ... will be finished tonight!!

And here it is!!

Didn't turn out as good as I was envisioning ... but better than I thought it would.

Neil Dnuma

Wow, that's a nice bunch of entries!

Tocsik: I like how the smoke looks, and the waving of his hair! This might be your first successful attempt at animation, it surely shouldn't be your last!
Mikko: Very nice job! This absurd behaviour, I love that! Highlights include the dust when he hits the floor, and the motion blurring, esp that on the arm is really good. Solid work!
Flukezy: No I didn't! It's a very cool twist!
Coolio: That's such a clever way to avoid the usual walkcycle! A fantastic turn of events in this one! It makes me think of the great absurd slapstick of the golden era.
Silvertrumpet: Finally, our hero seems to be on top of the situation! Is he in love? He seems to be almost flying!
Darth: Had me burst out in laughter! A great job. This moment - the time he takes before    he pushes the button, genious!

Everyone managed to bring personality to the guy, and you folks have some crazy imagination. I had a hard time picking the winner. It's so unfair when you see all the work that has gone into the entries, but there can only be one... and for the greatest achievement in technical brilliance, humour and timing, I pick Darth Mandarb as the winner. He will recieve the prize of becoming the next host of the animation competition! Congratulations!

Darth Mandarb

Sweet!  I won something!!

Great entries to all.

I'll start the next challenge tonight!

Mikko

Thank you Neil.

And congratulations to Darth Mandarb! It is a well deserved victory. :)

u1bd2005

Ive been busy recently so I didnt have enough time to enter this one, however i will definetly enter the next one when it starts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk