Super Nintune-Do Contest! 9/27 - 10/4 Winner

Started by Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens, Thu 28/09/2006 02:15:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Situation:

The year is 1992 and the game development company WowCo is holding open auditions for the position of lead musician for their next megahit Super Nintendo game.  Competition is high, though, so they demand something stunning and catchy that will keep gamers staring at the tv for hours. 

Mission:

Create a sample action theme for an oriental stylized action platform game in the vein of Ninja Gaiden and Revenge of Shinobi.

Requirements:

1.  Must be no shorter than 1:20 and loop seamlessly.

2.  Needs a distinct oriental vibe easily recognizable to Western ears.

3.  It is a concept piece and can therefore be of the maximum quality you can produce, using real instruments if available.

4.  Must represent a strong male protagonist up against massive odds, a powerful tone that also emphasizes the player's danger while still remaining upbeat and hopeful.

Good luck.

Sylvr

Whoa... that was fast. Good theme idea, I'll start on it right away!
| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Erenan

I have been working on it. ;)

EDIT: And have finished...

Spirit Wind

It didn't turn out quite as I had expected as I've never really written something like this before. :P Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. :)
The Bunker

Sylvr

Almost done. Quick question though. Is that 1:20 before or after the loop option? And by 'option' I mean the part where it's obviously been looped.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

1:20 then it starts over.

Edit:  I'll keep this going until I get at least 2 entries.

Sylvr

I'm gonna finish it today, I am working on it right now. (Being home all morning helpsÃ,  ;D)

http://www.badongo.com/file/1502921
I hope it works! :)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

After careful consideration, WowCo has decided to hire Erenan for the wonderful, (though not quite as action-packed as desired) theme.  As a concept piece, however, it's brilliant.

WowCo would like to thank SilverTrumpet for entering, but the piece did not seem to convey a sense of danger or action and lacked focus on a particular theme.

Thanks goes to both entrants!

Erenan

Yay! *dance*

I'll start a new competition when I get home from work. I'll also listen to SilverTrumpet's entry, as I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.
The Bunker

Gilbert

Congratulations on Erenan for becoming another Grand Slam winner!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk