Animation Challenge - What's inside?? WINNER ANNOUNCED

Started by Darth Mandarb, Fri 29/09/2006 02:13:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Mandarb

tHe AnIMaTioN cHalLenGe
29 September - 6 October

Okay ... here's the deal.

You must take this briefcase and open it.  But here's the catch ... What's Inside??

There must be something "suprising" inside.  What's inside??  That's up to you.  The more fantastic the better!

Think "outside the briefcase" and be creative!

Limitations
Size: 320 x 240
Colors: No Limit

If anybody picks what I'm thinking of, you'll automatically win!

GO!!!

monkey0506

Just curious (not that I'll probably enter anyway), but are there limits to the dimensions? I've had an idea about what could be in the case...so...just wondering.

Coolio

What's inside?

Everything of course!
Yay, now I technically can't lose because whatever Darth was thinking of has to be in there. ;)

Edit:
Quote from: AndailMaybe he thought it would be empty. Har har, got you.

Dang :-\
mmmmm... sparkly

Andail

Maybe he thought it would be empty. Har har, got you.

PsychicHeart

Heh, Andail, you shouldn't quote the whole post, especially if it has a picture in it. Oh, the irony!!
Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Flukezy on Fri 29/09/2006 12:24:37Heh, Andail, you shouldn't quote the whole post, especially if it has a picture in it. Oh, the irony!!

Hey Fluke ... you shouldn't post random offtopic posts in the Competitions board.

I'm out of town until Sunday night!  Keep 'em coming guys!!

u1bd2005

Quote from: Flukezy on Fri 29/09/2006 12:24:37
Heh, Andail, you shouldn't quote the whole post, especially if it has a picture in it. Oh, the irony!!

Its not really a very big picture so i dont really think it makes much difference.

Anyway heres my entry.

Its a "secret agents miniture swimming pool in a case."

You will see that when the handle is pushed in, the top of the case dissapears to reveal a mini swimming pool.

Tocsik

"This tape will self destruct in five seconds."

Buckethead

I'm not good at animating things but here's my try  :) :

Ha Ha I am OK

the only thing that could possibly be in a suitcase is an evil mask.  ;D

hope you guys like it.

I am better than OK, I am Great http://www.freewebs.com/666to777/

monkey0506

I could just be imagining it, but some of these entries look identical aside from contents. It could, of course, just be the fact that there's only so many ways to open a briefcase. Or, like I said, I could just be imagining it.

Anyway, I have been laboring away at trying to determine the proper curves and shading to get this case properly opened. I have to draw the handle once more, and then I can get to animating what's actually inside the case (which isn't there yet, as the case is currently empty).

MashPotato

@_@

EDIT: good idea, Monkey ^_^.  I'll make an updated version...

--------------------------------------

EDIT2: The new version!

monkey0506

Mash...it would be cool if you could actually see one case inside of the other instead of one disappearing before the other shows up. It's an interesting idea though.

Tocsik

I hate this kind of jabber in the competitions forum and unfortunatley i got drawn into it this time so I'm retracting my statement  :-X If a mod would delete this post that would be great.

Oneway

Quote from: Tocsik link=topic=28542.msg363290#msg363290Although, I don't think it matters that much because just like you said, there are only so many ways to open a breifcase.

Quote from: DarthMandarbThink "outside the briefcase" and be creative!

Hogwash! The opening of the briefcase could be an entire animation on its own. Think about the cube-toy in hellraiser movies, or maybe make it resemble a rubiks cube, blow the lid off with a huge explosion, press the handle in and the bottom will fall out. Just to name a few options :)

The minute i read the contest description i had an idea similar to both MashPotato's and Coolio's combined. If only my pixel minions weren't as rebellious. They never settle down where i want them!
Almost intentionally left blank.

Evil

I've got a very good idea about what you, Darth, think's in the case, but after trying to animate it several times, I've given up. So, after this ends, don't tell what it was before I get a chance to guess! :)

monkey0506

I doubt it's what Darth was thinking of...but for whatever reason...when he said we had to put something surprising into the case...the first thing that came to mind...no joke...was Monkey Island. The island. Not the game. Just the island. I mean...I wouldn't expect to find Monkey Island hiding inside a briefcase...would you?

At an amazing resolution of 320x238 pixels, and an awe-inspiring 123 frames, this file comes up to over 300 KB. So 56k'ers beware:

Watz Inside! (375 KB)
Watz Inside! (Hi-Color Version (434 KB))
Copying and pasting seems to work

I had fun with this. Fo' shizzle. :=

(This is really the first time I've ever done any proper animating. It was interesting trying to determine the arc that the case should open at...so after determining the angles, I just used the pencil tool to figure out the proper arcs :D)

Good job everyone who's worked on this so far. There's some nice entries! ;D

[EDIT:]

Seeing as I've already posted three times here, I'll just edit my post instead.

Darth clearly said in the rules that "the more fantastic the better". Monkey Island is the most fantastic thing ever. So clearly mine's best. :D

Mash, the newer version looks cooler because it actually makes it look like the briefcase is inside itself. ;)

And Silver, thanks for the compliment. := I like yours, but I really can't seem to read all of the text (and ImageReady doesn't want to get along with me lately, so I'm just not even going to try :P)

I feel kind of silly the way that I just let Guybrush fall straight out of the image, but I had to get rid of him somehow...haha..

Sylvr

:o that's amazing, monkey!

Edit:

Here's mine.

--3rd edition ;)
| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

voh

Monkey's links also seem to not work :-\
Still here.

vict0r

Yeah, your link has been broken for about a day now :-\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk