Sprite Jam 20 - 28 October

Started by Ago75, Fri 20/10/2006 10:02:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Ago75

Here' s the subject for the new Sprite Jam:

Create a character suitable for anÃ,  adventure game inspired to a Cartoon Movie or a CG movie.
For CG (Computer Graphics or Computer Generated) movies I mean Ice Age or Finding Nemo...
For Cartoon Movie I mean something like Lilo & Stitch or Ghost in the Shell..
Every style is accepted of course...
Limits are:

Size: 150x150
Colors: 32

I'm Preparing the Prizes! Good luck !

P.s.: I'm really sorry for doing so late... and I already know that this contest is a little like the previous one, but I really like animated movies so.. don't blame me..

Tocsik

sergiocornaga

A kodama!

3 colours + transparency. It's from Princess Mononoke by the way. Wow.. I really worked hard on this. I don't usually put this much time and effort into a Sprite Jam entry. Must mean a good topic!

mozza

Victory is mine!

EDIT: Here is a proper entry:

3x

30x45, 5 colours.

Reference.

Mikko

Mozza: That is perhaps a bit too close to this original image: http://www.visionmelody.com/myspace/stewie.png

SergioCornaga: That is lovely! Well animated too. Those little creatures were one of the top things in that movie.

Clip

Sheriff Woody (from Toy Story), an old-fashioned pull-string cowboy doll. He is Andy's favorite toy, with a special spot on the bed, and as such is the leader of the toys.

(22 colors)

eddie hitler

clip, my little brother would love your sprite, for he is a huge toy story fan ;D

LilBlueSmurf

Yeah, mozza, if you put it on top they are almost identical.  Also, it is way more than 7 colors.

monkey0506

Excluding the AA it's only 7 colors. But it's still more of a trace-over than spritework.

KristjanMan

Here is my entry:

P.S If you didn't know it's Sid from Ice Age and Ice Age II
- They are all from AGS coloringball

Mordalles

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Fade to White

(2X)

Motoko from Ghost in the Shell. (34 x 94 - 21 Colours)

monkey0506

Mordalles....I like that. I like it a lot.

I really want to see that movie...

sportyjay

Here is Ren, from "Ren & Stimpy".
In 13 colours.

x2

Wow, Mordalles, that's really nice.

It's here!

Theeph

Wow. The quality here is awesome. Great topic.

Here's mine. Briarios from Appleseed. About 15-17 colours

2x

Khris

Hmm, granted, it doesn't look like it, but PSP counts 85 colors in that last sprite.

Theeph

Yeah that happened when I saved it... I think it's a transparency problem, because when I drew it I had my brush set on 95% opacity until I noticed it and remedied. Visually it doesn't effect the image, the colour change is so imperceptible... still if it's going to be an issue I'll try restrict it to only the actual colours I used somehow.

EDIT: There, I restricted it to exactly 32, and put the pallette in as well.

fentongames

It's not brilliant, but it's Donkey from Shrek.
17 colours.

reference
Time Kid, coming this summer.

lilemX

now NOT AN ENTRY! ???

Khris

Hey, look, I mirrored and resized (badly, too) a Finding Nemo cover:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk