Sprite Jam: 16 - 22 Nov - Winner announced

Started by buloght, Thu 16/11/2006 20:54:09

Previous topic - Next topic

buloght

TOPIC: SEERS

Agamemnon: The whole tribe of seers is a curse with its ambition.
Menelaus: Yes, and good for nothing and useless, when among us.

Seer, soothsayer, prophets, shaman, clairvoyant, paladins or even wizards, characters often found in fantasy books that guides the protagonist or are keepers of balance or destroyers of the balance, or members of groups with plans of their own or followers of others, among other things.

Medieval, futuristic post-apocalyptic, historical, human, non-human, female, male use your imagination, any mystical properties are allowed. You can recreate some of your favourite characters in sprite form from books too if you want and they fit the description. They can be warrior-prophets, scholars, robed, unrobed, just about anything, just a slight indication of something mystical if (amulets, books, whatever, etc)

RULES:

Maximum Colours: 24
Maximum Size: 150 x 150
Create a sprite of a character that fits the description

iSTVAN

Currently working on something for this buloght :D

Tocsik

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

12 colors.  Might work on it later if I have more time.

Of the known races, Dark Elves or Drow are the most unpredictable and treacherous, and Sindel is no exception.  Her many misdeeds finally caught up to her, however, when she tried to steal the twin daggers of Kurata from a noble and reclusive vampire, who made her one of his children and is forcing her to work on the side of good.  Has recently been assigned to an unnamed hero who is attempting to stop an army of Bugbears from assaulting Waterdeep.

Name:  Sindel
Race:  Drow Vampire
Class:  Dark Priestess (Cleric/Assassin)
Alignment:  Lawful Evil
Sex:  Female
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 105 lb.
Distinguishing features:  Sindel has numerous tattoos as part of her clan; most notably is the black star around her left eye.  Has a single streak of silver in her ruddy green hair.

buloght

Wow, great entries guys, off to a great start! And awaiting yours istvan! Keep them coming people!

R4L

Wow Prog that would fit in just perfect with the 2D Castlevania games!

sergiocornaga

Quote from: R4L on Fri 17/11/2006 21:25:24
Wow Prog that would fit in just perfect with the 2D Castlevania games!

Naw. It's much too big.

Mordalles

119x111, 16 colours.
top guy uses bottom creature's evolved brain to see into the near future, helpful on battlefield.  :-\

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Steel Drummer

Very tuff sprite Mordalles!! Very tuff!
I'm composing the music for this game:

Afflict

These little fellas have huge mathematical talent instead of seeing the future they calculate all the odds and predict it.

They are jacked into there brains with their tiny little limbs that stimulate the brain and helps them harness all of its power.

3x

iSTVAN

Sorry for my lateness, been between homes lately. I still really wanted to enter though!

buloght

Great entry istvan! Now one more day for this very very high quality sprite jam, fellow agsers :) Be part of the greatness, comon enter now!

MashPotato

Wow, there are some really great entries this jam :)
Some sort of drow seeress (the third eye on her forehead denotes her second sight)

2x    113x146; 17+transparency

And now that I put my entry up, I realize that ProgZ also made a drow :-[... what are the odds?  I hardly even know what a drow is! O_o

buloght

Wow, what a great challenge, thanks everyone for the awesome entries. Every single one stood a chance of winning. But I have to choose one which isn't easy. Great entries all! In the end I narrowed it to two, mordalles and progzmax (I realize I haven't chosen either for a win yet in my challenges but both could have won my previous challenges, it's a difficult decision).

winner : Mordalles, for sheer effort, technique and idea.

Mordalles

thanks, buloght! i'll start a new one.   ;D

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk