Sprite Jam 22-28 Nov (winner announced)

Started by Mordalles, Wed 22/11/2006 19:21:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Mordalles

Do a sprite of an angel, demon or faery.  :-\

i really don't have any other ideas for a topic.

colours: max 32
resolution: max 150x150

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

buloght

Demon 12 + 1 colours, 150x150, did the demon 2 months ago, improved (it may still suck) the shading and colouring as it was unfinished and ugly.
Faery: 12 + 1 colours, 50x60

I'd like the demon warrior to count as my entry, if possible, else the fairy.

EDIT: Non-entries.

Buckethead

BOYD1981

isn't the idea to draw a new sprite, not just enter one  you already drew 2 months ago?

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

buloght

That is why I made the fairy if the demon doesn't qualify, if people are going to be bitchy about it  :D. Like I said I improved it, make over.

[edit] Thanks Mr Buckethead and thewalrus.  :)

thewalrus

Awesome looking sprites, Buloght! I love the design and style..... If only I had some artistic talent.....
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Krysis

I was allmost going to enter...

EDIT: Muahahahahaaaa!

50x64, 7 colours, no transparency.  :P

Afflict

O yeah cant wait to beat Buloght's entires... The competition end like next year sometime right ;)

I am still going to enter.

Ishmael

150x150, 3 colours + transparency.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Ubel

110x150
16 colors + transparency

El Drey

It's been a while since I participated, and I still suck at pixeling. But here's a shot.

150x131
32 colors.

This demon has a few hobbies, such as enjoying eternal damnation, bathing in a whirling fire, getting lava-tattoos and juggling with human souls (that would be the blueish things around his arms and chest).

Sorry for the awful background. It just had to be there.

Cheers,
Drey.

[Edit] Adjusted the dithering etc.

R4L

:o :o :o :o :o

Thats wicked El.

Darth Mandarb

An angel tempted ...

[color=555555]150x150 (17 colors +1)[/color]

calacver

Wow buloght, that's insane. Great sprites!

Darth: That is also awesome, I am glad you are doing something more dynamic!

Krysis: The style!! This is a great challenge.

However:
El Drey: Your image is colour reduced as is suggested by the noisy dithering and the random grey/green pixels, the closeness of some of the colours . Maybe you could show how your bigger original looked or your reference?

[edit] I'll try to enter here ...

Ishmael

I sense a conspiracy here...

Quote from: calacver on Fri 24/11/2006 09:45:13
However:
El Drey: Your image is colour reduced as is suggested by the noisy dithering and the random grey/green pixels, the closeness of some of the colours . Maybe you could show how your bigger original looked or your reference?

but only:

QuoteWow buloght, that's insane. Great sprites!

I hate to bring this up, but as I'm up for fair play too: wouldn't it fair that buloght's first sprite will be disqualified, being made way before the beginning of the round?
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Mordalles

hey guys. great sprites everyone.  ;)

as for buloght's entry. i will definitely allow it. reasons:
1) he never entered it in a sprite jam before
2) he took an old sprite and improved it for the sprite jam, resulting it being a new version
3) people have entered old sprites in sprite jams before, and no one seemed to have a problem with it.
i'm sure i can find quite a few examples, i remember it being the case with a sprite jam i hosted before that someone did it, but just for arguements sake, here is an old zombie jam that progz won with an old sprite that he "reworked", just like buloght did.  ;D
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=23517.20

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

buloght

Haha, I don't mind, I'll make mine non-entries. It's just for fun afterall.

El Drey

Quote from: calacver on Fri 24/11/2006 09:45:13
However:

Well, I had no reference, just doodling with the Wacom. I saved the workflow, but the colors are all messed up. (That's Flash for ya)

It was actually created in 150x150, but with 9017 colors. I should have put more effort in it, probably.

[Edit] Removed the large gif, for being too big.

calacver

Thanks el drey  :). I did not doubt you did it, and paintings have been entered into previous jams, so it should be no problem.

MashPotato

I liked Krysis' sprite so much, I had to make him a little blue friend! ;D

8 colours
PS: not really an entry ^_^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk